Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WW2 DR uniform

Hi All,
Goodness it's been a long time since my last visit....2009'ish I think around the Noramndy visit.

Anyway I hope my query will bring some useful replies.
I have most of the uniform but I am working towards the smaller parts like belt, holster, lanyard and even DR trousers .
I have been looking at photos online and can't quite make out if the holster is leather or webbing. But maybe that depended on theatre of operation.
Also "in this neck of the woods" having or displaying a weapon is a little tricky, so I thought I may have the belt, holster (empty), lanyard etc without raising too many eyebrows.
As an aside I do have a life size plastic 1911 Colt and I recently bought a leather holster for it from "epic militaria", quality seems good, just not sure if DR's in WW2 carried such a weapon and I don't know if I would be brave enough to venture forth wearing it. Time will tell

So if you have time, drop me a line and guide me in the right direction

Thanks
Rod

email (option): rwalsh53@gmail.com

Re: WW2 DR uniform

As far as I am aware, the holster is webbing canvas and I think something like a Webley '38 would have been standard issue. A banana I find makes a good non-threatening substitute and you can impress the Public by getting it out and eating it........when halted! You can get pretty much everything from Soldier of Fortune if you want it now, want it to fit the, err, fuller figure (and have DR trousers that are comfy), and are not too fussy about match to the original......though the SOF stuff has improved over the years. There are other suppliers of repro stuff that some people prefer, or you can go the route of finding original gear, which has been getting harder, but posting WANT ads on motorcycle club sites can get results from people who had the stuff from the Army or are retiring from the hobby.

Rod I've emailed you a few pictures from some books on uniforms I have. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nah, you don't want a pistol, mate ! You want a Sten !

Everything that you ever wanted to know about Pattern 1937 webbing :-

http://www.karkeeweb.com/1937main.html

The holsters do need some sort of filler and some weight in or they don't hang right.

Nieuwe pagina 1