Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2016 Ride of Honour

An ex-Army mate has asked if I'll lead this years run on my WD M20, which I'm more than happy to do.. I've also been asked if I could wear appropriate uniform just for the full effect. Now I'm not one to go the whole hog regarding gear but I've had a quick look on the net for something suitable. Advice on badges for tunic would be appreciated (Yorkshire related would be good as this is my birth County). I also have a quandry with the Helmet as I've always been an advocate of the Full face type, so thoughts on obtaining a DR helmet (size 7)from a suitable source would be appreciated.

If I don't wear WW2 DR gear, what would you recommend as suitable just be more 'militaryesque'?

http://www.rideofhonour.com/

email (option): ian(at)integsci.com

Re: 2016 Ride of Honour

green boiler suit, leather jerkin ?
dr helmets come up often on evil buy ?

email (option): chris.astinbarker at btinternet.com

The most suitable item would be a DR coat - it'll go over anything, says immediately 'wartime motorcyclist' but has no pretence of being a uniform or needing badging.

It would look best with BD trousers and anklets of course.

If you've only really been comfortable with full-face lids, you're going to feel ever so vulnerable in anything open-face let alone something sat on top of your head. It will make sure that you parade slowly though....If it's going to involve pressing-on a little on then one of the current batch of open-face helmets in matt green might be the best compromise. The silhouette is wrong but at least there is still a face visible.

I recently bought a Premier and am very pleased with it. It's ever so light and even has eye-protection which can be retracted if you prefer goggles.

http://www.motolegends.com/helmets/premier-vintage-helmet-matt-green.html

Many thanks for your input Chris and Rick. Definitely given me more avenues to pursue..

email (option): ian(at)integsci.com

Nieuwe pagina 1