Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WD M20 on Pawn Stars

I happened to turn on the TV tonight, and just caught a segment of the Show "Pawn Stars" where some guy was trying to sell his totally original, unrestored WD M20. It was still in postwar dark green paint, and traces of formation signs could be seen on the tank. It had pannier racks, too. The seller wanted somewhere around US$4000 for it, but the Pawn shop guys would only offer US$2000, so he wouldn't sell.

email (option): m20wc51@yahoo.com

Re: WD M20 on Pawn Stars

I would't take 2000 either, Doug.
This is how pawn shops work...

Pawn shops can't pay market price as they have to make a profit of around 75-100%. If you need to sell, sell it yourself.....

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

That particular show is about as fake as a "reality" show gets on TV, but it was interesting to see that M20. I wonder where it will end up-ebay or craigslist?

Those shows make be laugh.. (and I rapidly get bored with them)...They travel miles to go to a guy with a barn full of motorcycles and spares, come away with a petrol tank and a cylinder head and are chuffed because they've made $100... ..

Or endless variations on similar themes...The principle seems to be think of a theme for a show and then 'do it to death'...This kind of mental anesthesia should be a crime...

I get force fed this stuff when I go to stay with a friend of mine...His kids can't exist without the TV being on...

It reminds me of why I don't have one.... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Television is a bit like sucking your thumb, you soon grow out of it,
Richard

I only have Korean satellite TV at home (for the wife). her mother is in a nursing home, so when I visit, I sit in her room and watch either the History Channel, or the Discovery Channel. I do like the American Pickers show, though. The tall guy on that show shares my tastes in old motorcycles and other car stuff.

Nieuwe pagina 1