Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clutch not engaging

Hi all...I'm stubbed on a clutch not engaging problem. I have fitted a new spring, basket, and sleeve. The sleeve was tight on the clutch centre so I had to file the clutch centre so it would slide on the clutch sleeve. I did the tests recommended in the technical section on the bike not in a vice, everything checked out ok. I have taken out the recommended plates. When I pull in the lever the plates separate, however it is impossible to get the bike into gear. I have run out of options I have been two days on this issue. Has anyone had the same problem that could assist?

Re: Clutch not engaging

if the gearbox still sits in the frame you can test by pull the lever and kick the starter,if the engine turns,you have a problem with the basket.it is to tight with the centre,so the bearing cant free run.

i had the same problem and tested it with only part 64 , 65 , 67 , 74 ,83 and 85

so put this parts together and tighten up with with the nut 85 .if the centre cant run there isn,t enough space between 67 and 70

in my case there was a spacer fitted between those 2 parts ans it was to thick.
after removing the spacer the problem was gone.........never know why they put a spacer there because it was absolutly not neccesary

email (option): roy206@hotmail.com

I have freed the centre from the basket. Tested it and think you ar right it's the basket too tight. I think the new sleeve is causing the problems. I want to keep the new sleeve, I am hoping that the basket will free it's self or failing that I will have to put an old sleeve back in.

you can try to remove some material on a lathe or mabee by grinding?
it is to long ago for me but maybee you even can file the nut a bit down on the undeside,there where it press the other parts down.
i think this can be work,because when you losen the nut a bit everything would be free turning.

hope you solve the problem with this information

I have taken the whole clutch assembly back off the bike. i put the basket with sleeve/bearing in the vice. I is very stiff to turn on the bearings. The size of the are 1/4 by 5/16. I bought them off eBay because the correct part number was quoted. I think they should be 1/4 x 1/4? Can someone tell me the correct size for the clutch roller bearing?

1/4 x 1/4 as seen in the technical section

Thanks Roy...I found the information after I wrote the email. Don't know why the ebay supplier is saying that the 1/4 x 5/16 rollers are suited for the job.

Let us know how you get on, Bryce.
Wonder if this solves your problem.

Nieuwe pagina 1