Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Feeling better

Since my last post regarding my mechnical issues, I've now successfully addressed the oil problem, and she fired up 3rd Kick.

As kindly advised by fellow forum members, my gearbox oil had indeed drained into the chain case, and my engine oil had indeed partly wet sumpted.

I drained the oil from both drain holes and recycled it. Tickled the carb and she fired 3rd kick ...

The engine ran alittle lumpy and the carb spat alittle. I have been in touch with a fellow enfusiast and he has kindly offered to look over it for me soon ... I'm feeling much better 👍🏻

Hope every one is making good progress too with their motorcycles for the up and coming show events 😀

Kind regards,

Mark

email (option): towersmark84@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Feeling better

('I have been in touch with a fellow enthusiast and he has kindly offered to look over it for me soon ...')...

Try to be there when he does it so you can gain some more knowledge...

Glad to hear you've made some progress...If the bike wet sumps (drops its oil into the crankcase) when left standing that will generally make it hard to start and prone to kicking back...

After a long layup it's best to check the oil tank to see whether the oil is there or in the engine before even trying to start it...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Feeling better

Hi Ian,

Roger that 👍🏻..... And thanks for your advice 😉

It's much appreciated !!

Kind regards,

Mark

email (option): towersmark84@yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1