Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DATING CERTIFICATES

I understand that the MVT (or something?) can issue a dating cert.

Are these currently being accepted by DVLA, is there a representative who knows bikes in the south yorkshire/doncaster area ?

or after i join do i send pix to someone ?

Yep ..... the 3hw is getting close .....

Re: DATING CERTIFICATES

A 3HW can be certified by either the Triumph Owners Club, The VMCC or the MVT. As a non member of any organisation you will usually have to pay for the service which is often nearly the same as the joining fee.

Simon Johnson is the MVT dating officer and up your end (Lancs). You could email him for his advice and mention my name if you want. verification@mvt.org.uk

If he's out of range he'll probably delegate an inspection of your frame number by someone more local to you. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

PS. Have you any idea of the exact thickness of the rear brake linings? I have a problem with relined shoes and ran out of adjustment! Ron

i could give you the thickness of my linings ....... but i've run out of adjustment as well!
(there a joke in here somewhere ... ken dod .. rolls of wallpaper ?)

Need to get thicker lining fitted myself, i will be using VILLIERS relining service when i get the wheel out.

I guess i will have measure shoe o/d and drum i/d and work out what i need, i will let you know but it will be a few days.

The new linings on my shoes are 5/32". I've done some measuring and already spoken to Villiers Services earlier. I'm going to go for new linings at 3/16" thick. Sending off tomorrow. Ron

My linings are 4mm - they should be same front and rear.

My rears are ok but the front is the problem, i will be going 6mm.

I'll contact MVT - i have a life time ban from the vmcc (don't ask) and the mvt seems cheapest at £25 inc dating.
I don't have a particular 'love' of triumphs despite racing them through the 70's.

Nieuwe pagina 1