Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 repairs/painters - Melbourne, Australia.

Hi there folks, new WM20 owner, I'm keen to hear where some fellow Melburnians would/do take their WM20 for servicing, repairs and/or paint work.
Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks all, PC

email (option): pdcomber (at) gmail.com

Re: WM20 repairs/painters - Melbourne, Australia.

Servicing and repairs - I would start with Greg Lawn at Central Motorcycles in Huntingdale. Paint - completely depends on what finish you had in mind. There's a massive difference between a drab matt finish and a chrome and hand lined custom job.

Pop along to the BSA MOA club meeting at Oakleigh Bowls Club on Wednesday evening and there will be plenty of helpful suggestions!

email (option): njgreen@bigpond.net.au

Hello Peter
There aren't many people that will service your bike here in Melbourne, I suggest John Parker(Eastern Suburbs) for carbies and control cables. He is on this forum.
Does that get me a discount John?
Greg Ditchfield in Ballarat rebuilt my motor, there is also Basil(Headworks) in Murrumbeena, who I found crazily expensive. Greg did more than Basil quoted and for a fifth of the price.
David at Modak in Elizabeth street stocks a lot of parts.
I hope that helps.
Cheers Darren

G'day Peter,

Welcome.

I'm in sunny Melbourne, North Melb/Flemington area.
I'd think that you would find it difficult to find a bike shop that would be interested in working on your bike but if you need engine work done Basil at Headworks in Murrembeena would be the the fellow to see, he does a lot of engine work on brit bikes.

For anything else the folks here are all willing to help and guide you through anything you need doing on your bike.

As for painting, any panel beater should be able to apply the paint but all the work is in the preparation so the more of that you can do the cheaper it will be.

thanks for all your help and suggestions gents.
Much appreciated.

PC

email (option): pdcomber (at) gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1