Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
worlds gone mad#2

really? a bit of tin?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111881359270?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Re: worlds gone mad#2

I have not got one of these and therefore never used one......should I?

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

That tool is probably the most inaccurate way to align your rear wheel. A lot better to use a long straight edge from the front wheel in the traditional manner.

I guess the value of such an item as this tool is simply as a means to complete an original tool kit. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi All
As everybody has already said it seems bonkers to fork out almost £60 for a tool that dos'nt do the job anyway. Having said that I wouldn't mind one to go in the tool kit so I wondered if any one has a reasonably accurate drawing or tracing of the tool that I could use to make one. At the end of the day its only a piece of tin!
Thanks
John

Russels had them for £4 each in the same packaging, I got Colin H to pick one up for me when he was there last year.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Nearly £60?..Madness, there's no other word for it...

Get a 100 laser cut and cadmium plated...

That'll knock the bottom out of the over inflated market....At a guess I'd say they would probably cost about 75pence each.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Somebody on this site was making and selling reprocuctions a few years. I had one but have never used it.

As Ron noted they aren't much use really...I also found it awkward to use.

Though for those that want the correct toolkit it's a 'must have' item I suppose....

The one I had years ago is probably still lurking about in a box of shrapnel somewhere in the loft of one of my workshops... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1