Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jeager drive speedo (anti-Clock)

Dear community,

Can anyone tell what motocycle used the Jeager drive anti clock speedo with trip and internal lighting. (Type S173?)

I have one in very good condition (unused and plate at bottom gives 3-42 as date) but am looking for a non-trip "normal" version as used on the pre war Norton WD16H/B4.

Cheers

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

Re: Jeager drive speedo (anti-Clock)

Indeed Rob I have been through this very saga twice. The only bikes that I know of with these AC speedos are some pre war Royal Enfield's and their WD Models G and L. (No idea why? and of coarse there might be other makes that used them?).

I had a standard speedo modified for my Model L and my model G had it's front wheel reversed by a previous owner to run a standard speedo. I managed to find a NOS AC speedo just like yours and put the wheel in the correct way round. The part number on the brass plate is exactly as in the G/L parts list.

I can't help with what you need at present, but happy to discuss the purchase of your AC unit. The previous owner of the other one I bought, had it for over 30 years without finding a use for it. Ron
 photo SS852804_zpsehoodgxe.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1