Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Not another !!

I'm no expert but it looks like when it was left in Arnhem, lots of bits were removed!! Looks like it has a rear crinkle hub on front, wrong light switch, Bantam Handlebars?, plunger style silencer, later footrests, carb floatbowl for an inclined fitting, frame is lugged with incorrect? head steady attachment........etc.... Would probably cost some to get into correct condition.

eBay item number... 111871739942

Re: Not another !!

The sidecar lugs could make it a postwar Dutch Army M21?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

A pretty crap example, with an improbable 'history' as well...

Lots and lots to do (too much to list) to put this back into the correct specification...Not sure what's going on with the engine number either...

The front wheel is probably from a rigid A7 which had interchangeable 'crinkle' hub wheels...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Rob Miller
The sidecar lugs could make it a postwar Dutch Army M21?

Rob

Yes, frame looks like Dutch Army but from 1940, with only the lefthand sidecarlug on the rearframe and the lugs for the small propstand, below the brakelever-pivot, also low WM framenumber looks correct to me.

Pity it doesn't have much other early parts anymore..... Cheers, Michiel

WM20 1942 was despatched to Staatsbedrijf Holland on 18/4/1940.

To be honest, based even on what I've seen even at enthusiast gatherings, this bike would satisfy 50% - 60% of those who want a matt green army bike....

Another one from the same seller, in fact a 1949 G3L with a (restamped) 41-G3L replacement engine fitted.

http://www.dutch-lion-motorbikes.com/nl/motorfietsen/matchless-g3l-from-1941-ex-second-world-war-bike

Regards,
Peter

I didn't read it properly, I thought they were claiming it was 1942 as a year of manufacture.

"This bike was left behind near Arnheim in Holland" maybe it was, there were several battles at Arnhem, 1940, 1944 and 1945.

Actually it is a chance to own a rare Dutch Army machine, it wouldn't be easy to find all the right bits but it's probably well worth the current bid and a little bit more.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Slack wire advance too........see I'm learning!

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

It's indeed a Dutch military WM21 and the head steady attachment is correct for that period as far as I know. It has a rather nice frame number WM20 1942 and the engine number should be WM21 1942.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hi all,
I have some information about this particular BSA. This BSA was for sale about 1,5 year ago. The owner lived around Emmen (Netherlands) and after some negotiation his lowest price was 3500 euro. I decided not to buy this BSA, because I found a KM20. This owner told me the story that this bike was used in the Dutch Army, but did'nt tell me it was found at Arnhem. I have attached some photo's of the bike. As you can see it was in civilian colours, with the early rear mudguard. It is a pitty that the current owner changed the rear mudguard! I am sure it is the same BSA because the license plate and number are the same.

Cheers,
Bastiaan

photo 137721542_1_big_zpsyxqldes9.jpg

photo 137721542_2_big_zpsuzewzq8o.jpg

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

Hello, all!
yes it's the same bike,carefuly kaki painted!! and with the same mudguard, if you zoom on the eBay pics you could see it's the original mudguard with badly cutted flanges ... good project with some work...
Arnaud

Oh my god... indeed, the idiots took out the rear valances, no doubt to make it look more like an Army bike! Not only did they make a mistake, this Army bike did have valances when new, but they also ruined a nice original mudguard... Some people should better not touch anything...

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1