Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA Bantam?...

This is what's bothering the DVLA I suspect...Note: 'Bantam frame,Tax exempt'...

Ebay 272100234386 .............Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: BSA Bantam?...

I love the way he calls it a 'piece' as if it's a work of art or an antique...

Pretentious?...Moi?...

Piece of c**p, definitely.... ..Ian

Bit overpriced for a Bantam. :-) Now if it had been an M20....

btb
Bit overpriced for a Bantam. :-) Now if it had been an M20....

Well it is art .
B S Art.
Considering just how easy a Bantam frame bends, even a D5 frame ended up bent so bad you could not use the center stand there is no way he rode that much further than from the front door to the garden gate.
Good thing is the business name is in the background so now thousands will know where not to take their bikes for service.

Personnaly I gave up putting lawn mower engines into minni bikes when I was in my late teens.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Registered as a 1964 175cc BSA

Vehicle details

Vehicle make
BSA
Date of first registration
04 September 1964
Year of manufacture
Cylinder capacity (cc)
175cc

This sort of thing will lose us the historic exemptions if they don't crack down. It's just a shame that some genuinely historical restorations will lose out too.

It should be re-submitted as a 'Radically Altered Vehicle' and as it will only have five points for the frame and nothing else, it should be subject to SVA and a 'Q' plate with no road tax exemption.

It's a new contraption that just happens to use a bit of over stressed fifty-year old tube in the construction.

All frivolity aside, it is appalling that someone is managing to get away with abusing the rules to the point that it is likely to foul the playing field for other genuine restorers. Everything Rik says holds good. He needs 'shopping'.

The mobility chair he is also selling seems in good original condition and reasonably priced too.

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

"Original" have u seen what hes done to it. Its a definate granny killer

This guy seems to have pretty scant regard for any regulations...

Now he has fitted a petrol engine to his grannies mobility scooter it will have to have an SVA test, be registered, MOT'd, insured and have a number plate fitted...as well as complying with the vehicle construction and use regulations.....

Though without a differential on a twin wheeled axle I don't think it would get very far into the testing regime....Yeh, Bags of fun ...Ian

I wouldn't worry about the mobility scooter, it'll fall apart soon, his welding is worse than mine.

I might point his local plod at this, if he really did ride it to his local Co-op it will have broken just about every rule in the motoring lawbooks.

Idiots like this and their stupidity are why I hate the blobber/crapper types and their stupid bikes.
They'l have us all stuffed.

I wouldn't worry about the mobility scooter, it'll fall apart soon, his welding is worse than mine.

I might point his local plod at this, if he really did ride it to his local Co-op it will have broken just about every rule in the motoring lawbooks.

Idiots like this and their stupidity are why I hate the blobber/crapper types and their stupid bikes.
They'l have us all stuffed.

Nieuwe pagina 1