Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help with a few things

Hi all just a few questions to help me finish my wm20
First one on the oil tank the is a pipe at the bottom left hand side what does it do and what go on it?
2nd is the anyone repair main light switch on the head light shell Mine only puts the front bulbs on not the back one but if i wiggle it it come on and off? Put a none military one on and it works okay so something in the switch must be loose and worn ?
3rd how much oil do you put in the primary cover?
Hopefully a few steps closer to finishing it
Thanks for your help
Keith.

Re: Help with a few things

1)The pipe is the oil tank vent pipe...It should have a rubber connector pipe (the same as the engine feed pipes) and then a length of copper pipe...The copper pipe exits onto the road under the bike and is clamped to the gearbox mounting plate using a 'P' clamp and bolt/nut...

You will see the 1/4" pre drilled hole towards the back end of the gearbox mounting plate....

2)The centre part of the light switch (and operating cam) can be removed from the switch after taking off the operating arm and the small circlip underneath it.....

In the cam is a small sprung loaded plunger with a roller on the end that makes contact with the switch terminals...This will basically fall out of the cam as the cam is removed...Fitting a stronger spring will usually solve the problem, giving a more definite contact...

3)Just below the footrest mounting bar that comes through the primary chain case is a hexagonal bolt...That is the level plug for the cases...

Make sure the bike is stood up straight, off the stand and on level ground..remove the plug and the larger inspection plug at the top of the case..

Fill with straight 40 engine oil until it just starts to drip out from the level plug hole and then replace both plugs..Job done!...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I use dextron ( ATF ) in the primary .
Apart from that everything as per above.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Thank you very much for all your help on this matter just done all the jobs happy days
Just a few more little jobs here and there and then time to try and start her!!!!!

Nieuwe pagina 1