Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pannier rack and frame.

Hi all.
I have this frame and 2 racks which I think I will sell on. I am assuming these are for WM20 only as they are identical in every way to the ones on my WM20. But are they early or late pattern (I understand there is a difference?). The one rack is missing its butterfly bolts. Both have the bottom rail bar. Still in their original paint with a little surface rust as expected.

Need guidance on a reasonable price to ask. Thanks. Richard.

Happy new year..

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

Re: Pannier rack and frame.

I think its an early rear carrier, it has the round section centre cross bar with the welded in triangular corner bits, on the later war version this was a piece of flat bar.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Yes I agree. It also seems to have the two drop down 'L' brackets that bolt to the mudguard top.....Another earlier feature. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

About a ton is a fair price

Ebay it and you could double that.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

If you add up what Stuart Bray asks for the separate parts you could be talking £420!
Repro racks are £55 to £65 each elsewhere, not including the bottom mounting bar. Indian copy frames are £80 - 100.
I think I know at what level to ask for these now. Would probably do collection only and keep the price reasonable to allow for this.
Rich.

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1