Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
QD rear wheel - routing rear light cable

I'm a bit stumped as to how I should route the cable to the rear light unit on my '58 M21. Because I bought this bike in bits I've got no idea how it was originally and I appear to have two options:-

1. Run the cable along the top/outside of the mudguard (this would look a bit untidy though) or,
2. Take the cable through a hole that is already in the guard and run it up the inside of the mudguard, but how do I keep it in place and stop it falling onto the wheel? I've thought about using some copper pipe as a conduit and fixing that to the underside of the mudguard with Araldite but I can't help feeling this is an overengineered solution.

Ideas anyone please?

Gary.

email (option): gj.owen@hotmail.co.uk

Re: QD rear wheel - routing rear light cable

When I had a 52 Plunger A10 I ran the cable along the rear mudguard stay which fixes at the lower guard, have seen several plungers use the same route, I have also used plastic fuel line as used on lorrys, this is siliconed into place, normally run it along the inside bead of guard and clamped in place till silicon has cured.This is a 10 mm bore pipe so plenty of room for cables. I spray inside of guard with stonechip to seal everything afterwards..

Nieuwe pagina 1