Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flying Flea crankshafts

As promised I have enquired about having the flying flea crankshafts remade the price is going to be around the £250 mark, this is for the flywheels only, the big end and con rod assembly are still available. It sounds a lot of money but you must bear in mind that they will be machined from solid billet in a better steel than ever they were made in. As a flea owner is probably aware that the flywheel is about a 4" diameter and the shafts are only about 3/4" so there's a lot of metal being machined away!
If anyone is interested please get in touch via my email address. The more we have made, the cheaper they may become. I've been looking for one for my own bike for about 6 months now and other people have been looking for a lot longer than that.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Re: Flying Flea crankshafts

dave..
how does mine stand at the mo ??
chris

email (option): chris dot astinbarker at bt internet dot com

Unfortunately Chris it doesn't until we get a crank, neither does mine as mine has snapped!

Dave

Is the big end and rod the ones Hitchcocks list ? I would be interested in a set.

Dave

email (option): davemb42@yahoo.com

Hi, I don't think they are on the online parts list, I think you have to contact them directly and ask, I'm sure they were quite expensive. One thing I was looking at before the crank thing is finalised is if there's any Japanese con rod kit that would go in there instead so that they would be easily available.

Thanks , I'll give them a call

Dave

email (option): davemb42@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1