Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The 54 M21 completed

%%bbCodeItem_1%%

Here she is , not quite original but fun and on the road again .

She has more compression than i thought it would have , pleased it has the de compressor fitted .

Had a 5 mile run on her , i reckon it'll be a bit of fun , have fitted a 12v regulator + LED lights front and back , she puts out 14 v ,the lights are really bright .

Lowered the rear of the seat a tad to make it run level with the rest of the bike, the line just bugged me .

Done a small amount of tuning to the motor to make it more efficient ,flowed the inlet + small amount relieved from the barrel face to the bore to allow a better flow :>), will need clip ons soon if i get it going much faster ;>).

Thanks for all the help folks .

Chilly

Not sure why you can get to my other images but anyway the Triumph and Royal enfield are not mine , + Harley has gone to pastures new due to poor right knee

Re: The 54 M21 completed

I like the overall look...and that saddle looks comfortable!...

If you refitted shoes with the original 'green' linings in the Ariel front brake I would recommend changing them...They can 'grab' alarmingly in damp conditions....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian is it only the Ariel type cause I've heard that the green linings are good in the 8 inch half width?

I'm only talking about original linings here...Personally I've had problems on two bikes fitted with the Ariel wheels and have heard similar stories...

I've never had problems with the 8" BSA brake...In latter years though they more often than not had modern linings....Ian

Standard linings Ian , seem to work well on its first run .

Had green linings on a Triton years back ,not good when slow and damp :<(

The mighty M21 has blown her composhite gasket already , never did like those bloody things , thought it might be ok with a low comp motor , but no ! , keeps you fit pushing it 3 miles home tho , phew ! .

Made a solid copper one ,she's running great now :>).

You never walk alone with British motorcycles

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Looks great! Love the black finish on the exhaust, is that a powder coat?

Gary.

email (option): gj.owen@hotmail.co.uk

Powder coating won't take the heat on an exhaust pipe...(or side valve barrel and head)...

You can have the exhaust ceramic coated (expensive in the UK at least), black chromed or paint them with heat resistant paint and redo them every so often...Ian

I should have said 'standard' powder coating...there are high temperature powders available now but I have yet to try them...

Worth a go I a should think...Has anyone else tried it yet?...Ian

Its Bar B Q paint

I have an old oven that goes up to 300c , so i painted them both ,left them to dry for an Hr , then put the silencer in the oven for an Hr at 300c then let it cool down overnight.
Took out silencer , tried to get the downpipe in ,too long ,bugger !, so i spent 20 mins or more with my hot air gun heating the pipe up untill my arms were aching too much , surprised as to how hot i could get it , then let that cure overnight ,seems to be working well.

Its petrol resistant and fairly tough , must say i'm pleasantly surprised at the result .
Both parts were new unchromed items .

Bikes going great :>)

Nieuwe pagina 1