Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bullshit reaches a new high point...

If there was ever a mismatch between the idea and the reality this is it...and I think I know how the M Series frame became a 1960 B31... ...

E bay 281870356817

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Bullshit reaches a new high point...

DVLA should call that one in, give it a Single Vehicle Inspection and 'Q' plate it if there are no dodgy parts.

JXV was a London 1948 series but this one doesn't come up...maybe it's not registered ?

Don't worry about that Rik..

Just concentrate on the fantastic craftsmanship that is evident in every part and the sheer aesthetic beauty of the completed machine....Ian

There ought to be some way of dobbing bikes like this in.

Crap like this will be the death of all the oncessions we have for old bikes,there is no way at all that should be out of its shed let alone on the road.

What do you say to the insurance company who ask is it modified?

The EUssr are already poncing around with dumb regs for specs on old vehicles as it is.

Why do the morons who build stuff like this put such mad values on them?

['Why do the morons who build stuff like this put such mad values on them?']...

They think it's artistic, original, innovative and well executed... ...Ian

Who are they? Tracy Emin? or the pickled shark man?

I like the open push rods I always found them awkward to adjust in the tappet cover don't know about oily jeans though

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Hi Ian,

There's only 1 positive point about this complete crap listing;

"I will not accept any bids from outside of the UK, sorry..."

So this disgusting shitty virus hopefully won't be spread out over the mainland....

Regards, Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

the saddle springs amuse me,he doesn't seem to understand how a spring works.

They're compression springs aren't they ?...and the 'mudguard' moves down with the saddle if the springs have any extension left. Bouncing on the seat is probably the independently operated rear brake.

I have an idea that Mary had a bike very like this one...

Mary had a little bike,
She rode it on the grass;
and every time she hit a bump,
the spokes went up her arse !

HAhaha!

Ad says "If you have never heard of Odgie Danaan, google him and you will discover a master......"
Well I hadn't and I googled.
What I found I would not describe as a master but rather with the words of Colonel Kurtz "The Horror, the horror".

Now mind you I have no problems with customs! I'd even dare say that I know a thing or two about them, but this...

it seems they have a drill and have drilled lots of holes in things, which means a lot of it aint worth breaking for bits.

mind the 3 ft long heavy gear change lever without a gate, it solves the problem of graunchy gear changes, through the simple expedient of breaking the gearbox,

definitely something dodgy about this one, I give this an 8 out of ten on the dodgy scale, perhaps they haven't heard of ''modified'' vehicle regs, or even something as simple as coppers, who would definitely find a few things to ''chat'' about with whoever tried riding it on a road.

Ian Wright
['Why do the morons who build stuff like this put such mad values on them?']...

They think it's artistic, original, innovative and well executed... ...Ian

Ian, wasnt there a time you could appriciate some "personal creativity"?
You never was much of a rivet counter.

If you dig into the ebay ad you'll see the seller is a trendy "antiques" dealer, I suspect he bought that pile of poo as a money prospect.
I doubt he can even ride a bike, let alone that iron turd.
I think he'll get his fingers burned on it.

['Ian, wasn't there a time you could appreciate some "personal creativity"?
You never was much of a rivet counter...']

I love "personal creativity" as you describe it..

In my mind though that means clear logical thinking and well executed skills and workmanship that result in a motorcycle that remains functional but shows the ability to work beyond the 'standard' template provided by the factory......

That's a long winded way of saying I like well executed 'specials'...

This one doesn't merit such a description...

Personally, I find pleasure and appreciate any work that shows a high level of manual skills and attention to detail...pottery , hand made guns, leatherwork, joinery etc. etc....Ian

This, for example, was recently built from a basket case by a friend of mine...nearer to the idea I think...
 photo DSC00659.jpg

That Triumph is quite nice, not what I'd pick today but exactly like the sort of thing I used to throw together in the 1960s when such parts were abundant.
Slight differnce, mine were painted with a brush or aerosol,never so shiney and probably the cost never exceeded 30quid if that.
I expect that one of yours was about another 100quid..............

I also like to see the marks of the Blacksmiths hammer and the Potters thumb on certain items that take my fancy.

Nieuwe pagina 1