Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spire (OGEL)

Did anyone else receive one of these emails? I'd heard that the licence wasn't required for France, so I guess a 'NIL' response is required. What a load of Bollocks. Ron

Dear exporter

As part of the terms and conditions of your open licence you are required to report usage on a yearly basis. This e-mail is to remind you that these returns are due at the end of the calendar year and you will be allowed one month after this to complete your return.

The following open licences must have returns submitted against them by the end of the calendar year:
• GBOGE2009/00938
If you have not used your licence(s) this year, you are still required to submit a return against the licence(s), a 'Nil' response in this instance, should be entered. Please login to SPIRE and click on "Open Licence - Returns" in the left hand menu. Guidance can be found on our website.

Failure to comply to any of the terms and conditions of this licence could lead to action including suspension or revocation of the licence(s).

If you no longer require this or any other licence/s, you may surrender these on SPIRE by using the 'Search Licence Applications' function to find the licence/s you wish to surrender, click on the licence no longer required and on the next screen click the 'Surrender Licence' button.

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Spire (OGEL)

Hi Ron

Not had that email.

Originally the instructions where that you just had to keep a log of usage of the licence, which did seem odd if no one was going to look at it.

However we all know that laws and rules change and legally ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law, so I will try to find my password and attempt to give them a list of all the countries I have taken my Ex Military Vehicles to in the last year or years.

Still not sure if it includes Military Bicycles? Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Yes Rob. As I remember it, you are supposed to keep a log in case it's asked for. Then France became exempt from the scheme, so I've just ignored it. But I can easily tell them were and when I went with my bike this year. This is the first such email I've received since it was instigated several years ago?? At least one other person so far, on HMVF has received this email. Ron

I can't find my "User Name" and "Password", which is odd because I normally write them all in the same place.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I just gave them my email address as my user name and they gave me a temporary password.

Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1