Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Canadian DR field workshop

Here some pictures of our little field workshop we did yesterday, nice wheather, albeit a bit cold, but brought lots of wood for the stove.

And the tea was on all the time!!!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbXXX.net (think about this!)

Re: Canadian DR field workshop

very nice Lex, what was the occasion? and where was it?

cheers Menno

Menno,

Was a introduction day of some sorts of our Living History Group Holland, in Achterveld NL, was all very quickly decided, and therefor not much time to send out invitations, and I was too much bizzy with getting ready for this, should have posted here in advance, sorry!

Cheers,

Lex

No problem Lex. Not really next door to me.
Maybe nextime.

cheers Menno

this really is terrific, thanks a lot for sharing it with us. talk about living history. speaking as someone with a background as an historian, i think you should all be proud of yourselves. great stuff. all best peter

Hi Lex,
That looks great and reminds me of a conversation I had a couple of weeks ago with a farmer friend of mine. He tells me he has some old army cooker stoves. describes them like a burner with a big skillet like a pan on top and a chimney.

He has them on a pallet still wrapped in brown paper and has asked me if I would be interested in them and to make him an offer.

As you seem to re-enact a little there, do you have any idea what they could be and what I should look for when I have a proper look this weekend?

He apparently has several he bought on a whim and does not know why.

Darren

email (option): dwrudd at lineone.net

Hi Lex,
Very nice looking canadian DR workshop on wonder we cant find anything in Canada.

Cheers Steven

email (option): goodbell@ripnet.com

peter beresford
this really is terrific, thanks a lot for sharing it with us. talk about living history. speaking as someone with a background as an historian, i think you should all be proud of yourselves. great stuff. all best peter

Peter, thanks for the kind words, I always enjoy these events, you get to talk to so many people, all with a little bit of history!

A friend even got given an escape life vest from a german submarine last Saturday!

Cheers,

Lex

Darren
Hi Lex,
That looks great and reminds me of a conversation I had a couple of weeks ago with a farmer friend of mine. He tells me he has some old army cooker stoves. describes them like a burner with a big skillet like a pan on top and a chimney.

He has them on a pallet still wrapped in brown paper and has asked me if I would be interested in them and to make him an offer.

As you seem to re-enact a little there, do you have any idea what they could be and what I should look for when I have a proper look this weekend?

He apparently has several he bought on a whim and does not know why.

Darren

Darren, sounds interesting! my stove is a US one (don't tell anyone! but WW2)

There were various British contraptions, must have some pictures somewhere, but let me know if you have one going spare, if your friend want to move them on, it will be in good hands!

Cheers,

Lex

steven bell
Hi Lex,
Very nice looking canadian DR workshop on wonder we cant find anything in Canada.

Cheers Steven

Steven, thanks a lot! could have brought more..... but it was a lot of work as it was, just for one day!

Am sure there is stuff left in Canada, bought loads of original grey socks there once!!

Cheers,

Lex

Hi Lex,
LOL the only thing I kept when I got out was 4 pr of grey wool socks and I traded in my combat boots for a new pr and you can't even find the socks anymore

Great effort Lex👍🏻

A supurb collection of DR equipment and tools, really looks the business.

Kind regards,

Mark

email (option): towersmark84@yahoo.co.uk

Hi Lex
great display im looking forward to the W&P DR tent & display is that your big four that will be at W&P ,,john

email (option): john@fieldandrurallife.com

John, can bring all if you want, but then no room for goodies to sell!

Can't find your card here at home, email me direct, we can discuss things.

Will you be at Kempton coming Saturday?

Cheers,

Lex

ps, yes that is the B4!

Hi Lex
I will suss the guy out this weekend

He is a top chap but no real interest in vintage. So it should be easy enough to do a deal. Will let you know as soon as I can
Best regards
Darren

email (option): dwrudd at lineone.net

Lex, some nice signage you have there, but you still need one of these.

photo IMG_0221.jpg

The Canadian version of the 'Red Ball Express' Right? Is that an original Sam? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Beautiful sign Samuel , the circle with arrow looks some kind of plastic, is it?

cheers Menno

email (option): menno_kraak@hotmail.com

I wish it were original, but it's a repro done by a friend of mine. He went so far as to find old plywood to get the old growth grain. The arrow is a piece of round tin, they would just nail it in the desired direction. They were used to direct traffic towards the front (Maple Leaf Up) and away from the front (Maple Leaf Down). There was also a London up, London down, but cant remember what that was about.

Nieuwe pagina 1