Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Enfield WD/C 350 Side Valve Weak Points ?

Hi Experts

I am trying to build Royal Enfield WD/C 350 Side Valve from last year. currently engine is build, now working on clutch/electrics
just would like to know any bike/engine weak points

I have below questions

. Any engine weak points ?
. how reliable is the engine ?
. Is it easy to start ?
. I am planning to use bike for daily use for going to office. which is 4-5 km from home
. how many mileage the engine going to last ?

how is sound of the engine , dying to hear my engine sound. i have triumph trw as well. i fan of side valve , they are much simpler.

Any advise/ideas will be helpful.

Regards

JH

Re: Royal Enfield WD/C 350 Side Valve Weak Points ?

JH
Hi

how is sound of the engine , dying to hear my engine sound.

Regards

JH

it will go Broom Broom

The Royal Enfield side valve was well proved for many years and will carry you daily to work for as long as you want it to, as long as you start with a non worn out engine.

It will also start and run very easily as long as the magneto and carb are in tip top condition.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I rode a well worn out WD/C once expecting it to be unpleasant and gutless. I was surprised how good it was! I can see why the Forces retired them from the front line as they are just too lightly built for Military use but as a road bike, really nice. What surprised me is that it isn't a "slogger" like many side valves, it wants to be revved and if you do it gets along nicely. I'd have one in my Enfield collection is all I can say,
REgards, Mark

I have one in my collection, but I prefer to ride my OHV WD/CO or WD/G. Having said that, I was riding my M20 in France one year with a large group of other DR's. One Dutch guy who was over 6 feet tall was riding a WD/C with his not quite as big nephew sat on a cushion on the rear carrier. His bike was smoking a bit and It was as much as I could do to keep up with him. They probably go a bit faster when they are worn Ron

photo collection 013_zpsopxk1oiu.jpg

@Ron Pier

I like the your comments BROOM BROOM :) , that's what i am repeating in my mouth from morning. and continue whenever i feel like it
thanks for tips and lovely motorcycle you have ..:)

@Mark Thanks for your feedback and tips

Regards
JH

Apparently they're O.K. two-up !

photo 0_2680239_zpsuvbb2yvj.jpg

They do seem to have the traditional Enfield lightness in frame and forks and it's worth keeping an eye open for cracks. The early forks are particularly vulnerable.

Nice picture .. my motorcycle actually have telescopic forks.
not sure if the frame is Model C .. can someone identify the frame ?
i would like to put girder forks in future.. how to get girder forks. ?

%%bbCodeItem_1%%

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y326/datareactor/20151127_171544_zpswfsbrqh6.jpg

Well it looks like a 'CO' or 'G' frame to me. Or maybe it's the bigger 570cc SV Model L. The rear stand looks like 'G' or 'L' or similar. Look at my WD/C. It has a centre stand. We need to know frame and engine numbers. The frame number is stamped on the left side headstock? Ron

Hi Ron

looking at your picture and internet its more look like model G. i don't have access to bike at the moment. i will check again.

last time i noted the below details.
The frame pattern P4831 or P4851 written on right side. left side number is it deem to me it need to scratch the paint
Engine # CM4409 , WD/C Contract C6125

According to my research the engine supplied to northern ireland . one of 2000
or may be surplus engine mounted to some other frame.
http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/pictures/1940-royal-enfield-wdc/#.VloZp3bhDIU

Thanks for your help. at least engine is wd/c :-)

Regards

JH

It seems that your frame/forks are post war Model G. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1