The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brass fuel taps

Evening all
I have seen some brass fuel taps on eBay 291617580887
I know they are made in India and was just wondering if anyone has tried them or is it best just to avoid them
Failing that anyone got a couple of original ones for sale.........
Thanks steve

email (option): Johnsonsteve386@gmail.com

Re: Brass fuel taps

Well, have not seen these before, in the description it says they are chrome plated, what is wrong to start with, and the type of tap is wrong for WW2, and don't know what corks they used, so for me personally a NO-NO item.

The best repro's are still Jiri's maybe a little more expensive, but spot on!

http://www.vintage-replica.cz/323.E.htm

Properly nickel plated, right lettering all around, all correct threads you can choose from different ones used etc. etc.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbXXX.net (think about this!)

Thanks Lex, that's just what I need
Excuse my ignorance, I am still trying to understand whitworth, is there a standard size tap for the wm20,which one do I need,mine is 1942 but I do have a cut out in tank
Cheers steve

OK, and even cheaper I see now!! someone here will know what you need for BSA, I only know Norton and Matchless.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbXXX.net (think about this!)

As far as I'm aware, M20's left the factory with adaptors in the tank to take a 1/8" BSP petrol tap, but they are often changed to take a more common 1/4" BSP petrol tap.

For ID purposes the diameters of BSP fittings are:- 1/8"BSP =3/8" 1/4"BSP= 1/2".

Confusing or what? But the actual BSP sizes have nothing to do with the threads, They are the inside diameter of the pipes.

Just take a 3/8" bolt (any thread) and if it falls through you tank adaptors, then you have 1/4"BSP taps, If it's the same size as the holes then you have 1/8" BSP taps.

Whew! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for the info, it's crystal clear now
It's a steep learning curve on these old bikes but I love it
Cheers steve

Nieuwe pagina 1