Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
G/Box Quadrant Queery

Yep! me again .

Fitted a supposedly NOS or good Second hand quadrant (not Indian pattern )to my 54 M21 ,when fitted the tooth part of the quadrant catches the inner G/box cover , if i shim it out a tad the outer cover won't make contact with the inner .
Are there different types of quadrant , looks as if i'm going to have to buy another but don't want to make another error .

Cheers
Chill

Re: G/Box Quadrant Queery

Hi Chilly,

I have seen countless late model inner covers with this kind of wear from the K/S quadrant, bad enough that it eats into the speedo drive bush.

The problem arises I believe from an ill fitting, worn(over stressed) or pattern K/S return spring forcing the quadrant towards the inner cover.

With the quadrant and spring fitted to the outer cover check that the quadrant is sitting up against the shoulder of the K/S bush.

I wouldn't automatically find fault in the quadrant if it's good used or new old stock, look else where for the problem.

If the spring looks good you could try a thicker outer gasket but going too thick might cause issues with the ratchet and pawl assembly.

Hello Matty

Thanks for your reply mate,definitely looks to be a faulty quadrant,or one from another Beezer ?.

Believe me i've tried all ways to get this to fit and work properly with no luck.

When matched with my old one it definitely has different measurements,even the stop only just catches the stop rubber .

Now ordered a known NOS item whose dimensions look similar to my old one , we will see what the future holds ;>).

Onwards and upwards

Yep ! proper NOS one fits a treat.

Nieuwe pagina 1