Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MT110 bulb holder part

Hello,
Have the following rear part of an MT110 light and was wondering if any of you have a suggestion to make on how I can attach the parts without risking losing any part while on the road.
The rubber disk doesn't hold the "teeth" of the bronze parts on both sides anymore...
Kostas

photo 20151110_085524_zpsgpfaximu.jpg

photo 20151110_085620_zps4jr21rvk.jpg

photo 20151110_085611_zpspzhpz79w.jpg

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Re: MT110 bulb holder part

Hi Kostas,

I know this must be terrible for the rivet counters but you could use to tiny pop rivets through both brass pieces.

Kind regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3_at_planet_dot_nl

Leon KM20.1478
Hi Kostas,

I know this must be terrible for the rivet counters but you could use to tiny pop rivets through both brass pieces.

Kind regards,
Leon

Leon,

That is what I thought too, but was hoping for a non drill solution!

Cheers,
Kostas

Yes I was going to suggest similar, but use thin aluminium rivets. Heat them with a blow-lamp first to anneal them. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

How was it fixed originally? I can't imaging it relied on the teeth in the rubber.

Did the ring had a press fitting around the centerpiece? Maybe you can solder it to fix it.

Good luck, Michiel

Kostas, the magazine 'Classic Motorcycle' featured an article at one time which gave detailed instructions on restoring the MT110 - I'll dig my copy out and scan it for you. It was about twenty-five years ago, so it's well down the pile.

My rubber diaphragm had hardened so I had to make a replacement and although I can't recall the procedure, it's certainly tight now.

Rik
Kostas, the magazine 'Classic Motorcycle' featured an article at one time which gave detailed instructions on restoring the MT110 - I'll dig my copy out and scan it for you. It was about twenty-five years ago, so it's well down the pile.

My rubber diaphragm had hardened so I had to make a replacement and although I can't recall the procedure, it's certainly tight now.

Ooh please do Rik... I really can't wait!
Thank you very much!

Kostas

Hi Rik.

I once had a copy but cannot remember where I stored it.

Could I please receive a copy of your scan?

Henri

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Chaps, I've been through piles of back issues without success. Does anyone else have any memory of when it might have been ?

I thought that it was with John Salis's 'Principles of Restoration' series but it doesn't seem to have been.

Hi Rik & Kostas,

No, I'm pretty sure it was a Rasselas article... Will check tomorrow...

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Message sent, please check your mailbox!

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Hi Jan

I woulld be interested in any info on restoring MT110. Could you share it? Thanks.

Kalle

email (option): kalle.tikas@gmail.com

Hi Jan,

Me Too!.

regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3_at_planet_dot_nl

Thank you.

email (option): kalle.tikas@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1