Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1944 M20 Rear NumberPlate

I have just got my M20 Registered with DVLA as it has never been registered previously. It is a military bike, now I need to get a number plate made up, does anyone know what is the correct type for a 1944 military bike the reg number issued has 3 x numbers and 3 x letters. Any advice on letter colours type of lettering etc is greatly welcome.

email (option): Kevin.Roddam@btinternet.com

Re: 1944 M20 Rear NumberPlate

WD bikes didn't have number plates generally, though ones that did used a standard civilian font style....The font size ,style and spacing are standard for number plates so you can use the size of a modern number plate as a guide...

However, there is some degree of flexibility on these older bikes...I tend to go for a standard letter/number size and width...and character width...and use a simple 'block' font style....

Basically if you stick to the basic format you won't be troubled by the authorities...
I always paint the plate with a satin black background and the signwriter I use applies either white or slightly off white characters (depending on whether I want a stark contrast or more subtle look.)...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1