Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dimensions for Matchless pannier brackets

I made some of the rear pannier support brackets for the Matchless before Christmas and I promised to give the dimensions for the other brackets and spacers as they can be easily made with just a vice, file and drill, so here they are. Please note that the holes on the right angle brackets are clearanced for 1/4" not 5/16" as it says on the drawing. If you click on the picture it will pull up the full photo as the right hand side will be cut off
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Re: Dimensions for Matchless pannier brackets

Just for Johnny Foreigner the rough translations for the fractions are as follows
3/16"=5mm
1/4" = 6mm
5/16"=8mm
1/2"=13mm
11/16"=17mm
7/8=22mm
1"=25.4mm
These are only rough equivalents but I'm sure that you will get the idea

"Johnny Foreigner" indeed! These are INCH bikes.

Dave, can you email me a set of your drawings? Thanks.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Robb, I because they were working drawings I laminated them and didn't scan them into the computer, so I will try scanning them this evening I just hope they scan ok
Dave

have you made the rear brackets yet? reserve one for me please

Hi, I'm just waiting to get more steel, the last lot wasn't quite as mild as I thought, it was a pig to bend, I used a pipe bender, I heated it up and I tried filling the tube with sand and bending it hot and cold and it still kept on creasing. I've got on to my steel stockholder who wonders if some Chinese steel has got into their stock. Apparently the Chinese have a habit of colouring the end of steel stock to the colours of whatever you want it to be, as Camlok found out their cost when containers kept falling from their cranes. Investigation proved that any old steel was colour coded to suit the specifications! I just have to find time to get over there to get some more.

Nieuwe pagina 1