Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off topic: peppled leather for replacing upper straps off my dr boots

Does any one knwo where I can find a piece off good quality of war time style ammo boot peppled leather for replacing upper straps off my DR boots?(the original straps are very short, and I have think lower legs.....

Cheers,

Leon

email (option): ljvbekkum@hotmail.com

Re: Off topic: peppled leather for replacing upper straps off my dr boots

http://www.leerlooier.nl/lederhandel.html

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

I bought a pair of standard old army ammo boots from ebay for £8, cut them up and had just enough to make some replacement straps for mine.

I have some Leon......but it is brown !!!! However, it can be dyed black......I don't have very much though but enough to do the boot straps........do you need enough for the whole strap portion (3 x straps) and for one or two boots ?......
email me on sjmwdbikemad@aol.co.uk..........

for boot problems its worth talking to these people, about the only sensible traditional bootmaker left in the UK.

They not only make proper hobnail boots but authentic WW1 boots.

NOTE they are bootmakers, not importers

http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footwear/268d-hill-boots.html

Thanks for the offer Steve! but i need leather for 2 boots and prefer black leather.

And thanks for all the tips guys! I will try to get some via the tips hans gave me.

Cheers,

Leon

email (option): ljvbekkum@hotmail.com

Hi Leon,
I have the same issue, but at least I can get the buckles fastened at the last hole. But I had considered taking either the buckles or the strap portion off and moving it over by about 3/4 inch. It almost looks like it may have been sewed on to the boot in the wrong spot, and lots of room to move the buckles. Have you considered this option? It would leave some stitch holes where the old flap or buckles were fastened being the downside.

Nieuwe pagina 1