Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WNG mudgaurd stays

I will be fabricating front and rear mudguard stays myself, i have the main one at the rear with lifting handle but that's all!
I take it the front stand is tubular, and forward one is flat curved section? is the one right at the back on rear gaurd also flat curved section?, and the little one behind gearbox just bent flat iron?
all the best for 2014, Baz

email (option): barryrapley@sky.com

Re: WNG mudgaurd stays

Baz, the front stand is tubular. These appear available on eBay fairly regularly and will be easier to buy than to make unless you have a small tube bender.

The other stays are made from 7/8 wide flat stock or are sheet sheared. The flat stock is then pressed in sections along the length for strengthening. This is the same type of pressing as seen on the lifting handle. To do this is a bugger without some tooling.

Just bought the rear stay that connects the frame to the rear hinged section of the mud guard from John Budgen. He may have other stays. It will save a lot of figuring out.

Wade

email (option): iron_ariel@yahoo.ca

The stays can be made by getting your local engineering firm to put a piece of round bar on the top form of a folder. Most engineering firms keep a spare top former that they can tack various shapes onto to fold oddball shapes, my engineer certainly does. You get long lengths done and then flatten out the parts you want to be of unformed strip.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Thanks for that guys, I will opt for making them myself, I have small tube benders and son in law has a press, I can get the tubing at Kempton later this month

email (option): barryrapley@sky.com

Nieuwe pagina 1