Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
nuvver altette

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Lucas-Altette-horn-700110-/251415488921?hash=item3a8987e999

Re: nuvver altette

Hmmm! It's post war. He says it's in good working condition but doesn't know the voltage. Surely you would have to connect it to a battery to know it's working. Who would bid without knowing the volts? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I thought you were looking for one for your Indian project?

Its from that old favourite bike parts seller,a low end 'antique' dealer

As a matter of interest, has anyone tried converting a 12v Altette to a 6v unit? I know that Taff the Horn was selling the 6v coil (or whatever...), but in his diatribe went to great lengths to point out that fitting this thing was nigh on impossible unless you were up to his standard w.r.t. working on old hooters.

Any comments?

email (option): brucekirby @ Telkomsa.net

Ken someone off the other forum sent me a nice chrome/Black Clearhooters with Jap internals. It looks quite nice. But How can you bid on one without knowing the voltage?

Bruce I wouldn't argue with Taff...It's not worth the effort. There are some electrical wizards here, like Noam for instance who might be able to give chapter and verse. You can make 6 volt things usable for a 12 volt battery with resistors. It's happened on my Bren Carrier. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It'll be more likely 6 volt than twelve because of the bracket and the alloy ring which are I think [but not 100%] off a mid fifties AMC bike, but then I have got so fed up making these things work only for it to sound like a dying bee under a bucket that I now make it default to gut the bloody things for
a modern effective and reliable unit, so if I see one about cheap I just grab it.

I've bought quite a few Altettes from secondhand tractor parts places at the steam fairs I only usually pay around £5 to £10 for them they seemed to be standard figment on most tractors and for some reason they don't value them as you do on the bikes

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

The voltage should be stamped on the fibre terminal mount. However I see that it didn't sell in the end.

yes it did, ad now says seller accepted best offer.

Nieuwe pagina 1