Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oil feed tell-tale

Hi all.. I notice on the early Wm20's they have an Oil feed tell-tale
on the timing side . Is there anyone reproducing these ????

email (option): garypitt@talktalk.net

Re: Oil feed tell-tale

I'd like one for a panel tank to fill the spare hole with as well but i presume the timing cover mounted ones are different?

Hi Douglas.. I do believe the one's that fit in the panel on the tank are the same as the early Austin seven , a friend of mine has fitted one!!
i Have a late 1938 M22 sports and that has a oil clock instead . I don't Know why this is as the 1938/39 m24 has the oil feed tell-tale on the timing side and also they put some in the tank

Thanks for the information Gary. Guess i'll check out some Austin seven sites.

The top ring of the Austin model has flanges with holes for screws. These can be machined however to look like the ring BSA used. The flanged ring for the Austin model is also screwed on the housing like the BSA type.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Trouble is Douglas they don't come up for sale very often I have been looking for one for at least three years on ebay and when one did they wanted the world and a bit more for it ! this is why i have put a wanted on our lovely helpful forum.. If you do find any one that makes the Give me a shout please regards Gary

Hmmm.Maybe I'll just look for an old tractor horn button to fit instead. The type that fits to old tractor dashes..

Someone in Australia was making or had drawings for the tank mounted panel oil pressure indicator

They appeared on here earlier this year !

There were also drawings for the timing side version on here some time ago

I have only ever found one of these items, not so many about

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Ok thank you very much , im sure if some one was reproducing them
they would sell !! as im always being asked by the M22 m23 and the M24 boys

Nieuwe pagina 1