Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Norton grease nipple

Was lucky to purchase a NOS pair of grease nipple adaptors (norton part number 3968) that hold the speedometer fork attachment bracket. What I need to source now is a pair of the special grease nipples for those adaptors (norton part number 3967)... Anyone know where to find these?

photo IMG_4025_zps29fd0d25.jpg

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Re: Norton grease nipple

I MIGHT have some Kostas, but will not be able to look until after New Year.....they are rather small !!!

hi there
i got mine form www.russellmotors.co.uk the full set of grease nipples

dave

email (option): llamadaveuk@yahoo.com

Steve,
Would you be so kind to check it out and let me know? I can wait until next year!!
Many thanks

Dave,
Was it long ago? Do you live nearby and can get them for me?
Many thanks to you too

yes mate, will find out how much they are for you

Hi Dave,

Could ask for a set for mine as well?
Many thanks in advance,

Cheers,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Yes, Dave, I need 2 sets!! they have 2BA threads, and is a bicycle part really!

Can also trade for the other 2 Norton type grease nipples, straight and 45 degree angle 1/4"threads.

Please let me know, can post/email pictures of all types.

Lex

email (option): welbike at same.net

dave
yes mate, will find out how much they are for you

Ho Ho Ho, many many thanks!

It seems that a couple of us will get what they really want for Christmas!!!

email (option): Ferrarakias@hotmail.com

hi there
i have ask Russell Motors today for 2 speedo bracket bolts with small grease nipple £1.95 each speedo bolts and 2 small nipple are £1.25 each and all grider fork ones £1.35 and to post out to me £2.00.
PS the speedo small grease nipple are a modern thread can not in old W. D ones no more.but the rest are ok
dave

i don't no have to put pic on the site but this is the link to my bike have a look

http://s1256.photobucket.com/user/llamadaveuk/media/DSCF6699-1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=35

OK Dave, thanks for asking, but I'll pass, the Original grease nipples differ so much from the modern ones, will have some made eventually, here some pictures of the 4 types used by Norton. (sorry not to scale)

Cheers,

Lex

2BA speedo bolt nipples:

2BA front brake oiler:

45 degree 1/4"thread nipple:

Straight 1/4" nipple:

Cheers,

Lex

Yes I spoke to Les today also. He confirmed that he only has the modern nipples.
I think he said they are 3/16".

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

dave
hi there
i have ask Russell Motors today for 2 speedo bracket bolts with small grease nipple £1.95 each speedo bolts and 2 small nipple are £1.25 each and all grider fork ones £1.35 and to post out to me £2.00.
PS the speedo small grease nipple are a modern thread can not in old W. D ones no more.but the rest are ok
dave

i don't no have to put pic on the site but this is the link to my bike have a look

http://s1256.photobucket.com/user/llamadaveuk/media/DSCF6699-1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=35

Thank you Dave, but I'm after the original parts!
Crossing my fingers for Steve's ones...
Cheers,

I received my speedo bracket bolts from Les today. To replace the home made items on my Big 4. (Just £8 including post) But I am also stuck for the correct nipples with the small thread. So I carefully drilled and tapped out the holes to accept the standard 1/4 BSF nipples. I checked on my 16H fisrt to confirm that they have the same hex size so look identical once fitted. Ron

photo Big4148_zpsb2f23d63.jpg

Apologies and correction to my last post. I just double checked and found I was using both ends of the same BA ring spanner. The hex on my original nipples is 4BA spanner whereas the 1/4 BSF nipples are 3BA spanner. So I have sort of buggered it up and will probably start again. Although they look ok as is.

Ron

Ron, you are getting hopeless!!!

I'll have some 1/4 nipples converted to 2BA, have samples, but the hex will have to be machined too!

Pictures of RAF stuff are in the (e)mail.

Cheers,

Lex

Here are the 2 side by side:

Cheers,

Lex

You all worry too much.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
You all worry too much.. ...Ian

Yes, especially about you Ian, for using modern stainless SAE grease nipples!!

Ah, the rivetcounters nightmare.......

Cheers,

And Merry Christmass to all,

Lex

ps, and a nice boxing day run.

Guilty as charged your Honour... ...and I'll be fitting a few more stainless parts to my M20 during its current rebuild...
No more rusty fittings and fasteners or wasted trips to the platers.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

There is a chap on eBay selling what look to be quite good (but not inexpensive) repros. He says they're not 2BA but 3/16" x 32tpi and the copy period catalogue he shows seems to back that up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Tecalemit-type-3-16-x-32tpi-2BA-Grease-nipples-As-low-as-3-75-each-/171195731516?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item27dc0f8e3c

The 1/4" accross flats measurement does fit in with my originals but that's close to a 4BA spanner size too.

I'm already onto this bloke Rik. Asked him for a price for job lot. There's another bloke in US who has originals on ebay at $20 each plus $22 shipping. I found him a bit rude and he wont budge much on price. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1