Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fantastic work

Nothing pleases me more than watching a skilled man at work. I just got this off another forum. You need to get comfy with a beer or coffee, full screen and sound on. Ron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw5lYMmxSB0

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Fantastic work

Now there's a very skilled bloke, Not many guys left who can work like this, Looks simple ,like hell it is, Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Hi Ron, that is Pete Williams, a long time friend of mine! He sometimes works as the expert on scrap heap challenge in 1968 he was the third fastest on the drag strip on "two faced" and in the 1990s he was working on a triple engined streamliner with 3 Triumph engines his aim was 200 mph with normally aspirated engines. Unfortunately life changes got in the way and it never got finished. We used to spend many a happy hour in Jeff Hill's workshop working on all kinds of strange things such as turning Laycock over drives into sprinter gearboxes and knocking up chop frames. I was flattered that he once commented on on how well I gas flowed a Triumph Bonnie head on a customers bike. They were the good old days, now that I've moved I don't see as much of them as I would like , we had some really good times in Jeff's workshop on Wilderspool Causeway in Warrington. If you google two faced you'll see Pete on Two Faced and the guy holding him on the Rollers is Jeff Hill and the lad in the car is Wayne Little who had a very bad smash on his bike, which killed his girlfriend and after a whole year in hospital and despite not being able to walk properly returned to motorcycles and still tunes engines for the strip.
Even as late as 1992 Jeff ran a bike breakers and was just phasing out his British stock to go totally Japanese and he scrapped at least two tonnes of M20 and B31's and B33's spares, engines gearboxes frames etc if only I'd have thought ahead!
Here is the link for the video
http://youtu.be/6Ptyhcgs8ME
While you're at it look at his other videos there's a really good one from 1968

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Thanks, Ron. A Little long, but entertaining.

I once made an aluminium ashtray at school. Worked too.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Those were the days...when they let school kids make ashtrays... ..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

You keep good company Dave! I've been watching his other videos. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1