Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question, Question, Question........ :)

Hello

I read a lot about the M20 on this forum. But I will need more help in the near future because I have started to restore my BSA M20 1940.

Because I never restore an English bike I think there will be many questions :).

I got these bike in 2011. In 2012 and 2013 I have ben colected the missing parts.

The restoration has already started in september 2013. The bike is almost painted (I mean all the parts, there a few little parts that are missing).

But I have some questions about the Magdyno:
1. What is the diference betwen a MO1 and MO1 L
2. A frend of my father has sold me a MO1 L magneto hope that fits for my M20
3. He also gave me a dynamo that has the regulator in it (sorry but in the moment i dont now the exactly part number) All I now is that he get it for his Ariel 350 and need no more. The dynamo fits the magneto perfect. In the afternon I will post the exact model.

Until then here is the bike as he came to me.

Shrani.si

BR, Mitja from Slovenija/Slovenia

email (option): mitja.peterka77@gmail.com

Lucas E3 DM

The Dynamo is a Lucas E3 DM. Is it suitible also for the M20?

BR, Mitja

email (option): mitja.peterka@siol.net

Re: Lucas E3 DM

Sounds like you have a 3 brush type. It would be better to convert to two brush and use an M20 regulator or an electronic type.

If I leave it like it is, is it possible to have it on my M20. There will be only a change in the wiring, because the regulator wont be used. Am I correct?

BR, Mitja

email (option): mitja.peterka@siol.net

Yes, I don't see why not. just make sure it doesn't overcharge. The third brush is usually adjustable.

Thanks Douglas.

email (option): mitja.peterka77@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1