Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
23 Stone RASC sergeant instructor

photo 23stoneRASCSgt_zps57aec128.png

Maybe my all-time favorite motorcycle photo! From the March 1941 issue of The Motorcycle, "The 23-stone RASC sergeant instructor pictured, was a former London bus driver with a 15 year accident free driving record." He has got to be the biggest motorcyclist I've ever seen!

Mark

email (option): wingco40@hotmail.com

Re: 23 Stone RASC sergeant instructor

POOR MOTORCYCLE

regards,

Ramon

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

Yes! and that poor AJS........

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike at same.net

Good eye there Lex....

email (option): Wingco40@hotmail.com

Great photo! This chap may be 23 stone, but how tall is he! He looks like a giant compared to the other blokes!

I wonder if he trained them for Welbikes as well... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

It's interesting that even by 1941, they still hadn't made a battledress big enough and he was still kitted out in Service Dress.

I wonder if anyone ever dared say to his face that 'RASC' stood for 'Run Away, Someone's Coming'....

his son might have been an instructor when I was in Yeovil driver training in the early 1960s for the RASC he drove a sit up and beg ford popular from the back seat no driver front seat if you looked at him you were looking at his belt

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

If you look at the faces of those being instructed, you can see some restrained smiles on their faces......

Service dress was still in use throughout WW2, often by depot instructional staff, and during 1940 many second-line formations in the BEF were still wearing service dress rather than BD........you can guarantee that this guy was "special measure" for most of his kit, the material used for his BD probably being sufficient for at least 3 standard size outfits..........

I'd love to seen the look on the faces of the NCO's and the like on the day that chap joined.

and on the QM's face, he takes what size boots?

roger
his son might have been an instructor when I was in Yeovil driver training in the early 1960s for the RASC he drove a sit up and beg ford popular from the back seat no driver front seat if you looked at him you were looking at his belt

Roger: I take it, you must have been at Yeovil the same time as me, civi instructers, we were driving the Austin K4s and Brown Bomber the boxer was in the guard room. Happy daze.

TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

The man he is talking to wrote the song .You fat b-----d you fat b-----d who ate all the pies.

Nieuwe pagina 1