Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
xxx cops tour

Hello, if there are people on the participants list of this organisation what are your thoughts about it.

I have made my mind not to participate, but I just want to see what the wd bike community think about it.

Guy

email (option): guy66@skynet.be

Re: xxx cops tour

Sounds ok to me Guy, so hopefully I will be off on it. Beats hands down standing around in another field for another weekend. But I can see why it might not be everyone's cup of tea. Some guys are quite happy with standing around for a weekend/day in a field chewing the fat with likeminded chaps. Nothing wrong with that done plenty of that myself, but fancy a change.

Ian's tour and Project 70, two very different events in one year, enjoyable in different ways - can't be bad!

Guy, after we got the latest email, that said we had to pay 350? euro's we declined aswell.

Sorry, but that is just about twice as much as I would have expected!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike at same.net

I was planning on going as well Guy but things have conspired against me so have to back out,it certainly sounds an enjoyable event but being as it is being run in real time it is going to be slow going

Nigel

Its taken me all day to realise he's talking about 30 Corps not beery coppers

Don't look up triple X Cops on Google, you'll find all sorts of unsavoury things!!

Lex Schmidt
Guy, after we got the latest email, that said we had to pay 350? euro's we declined aswell.

Sorry, but that is just about twice as much as I would have expected!

Cheers,

Lex

This is also my problem Lex, and the price is 350€ per person, I wanted to take my Bedford QL over there and for sure you have a petrol consumption on these things.
But if you take your WD bike to this run you can pay a year petrol for this price!

btb
Sounds ok to me Guy, so hopefully I will be off on it. Beats hands down standing around in another field for another weekend. But I can see why it might not be everyone's cup of tea. Some guys are quite happy with standing around for a weekend/day in a field chewing the fat with likeminded chaps. Nothing wrong with that done plenty of that myself, but fancy a change.

Ian's tour and Project 70, two very different events in one year, enjoyable in different ways - can't be bad!

There is a big difference between the WD bike tour in Normandy and the project 70.
I will be in Normandy and taking part a little bit in the organisation but be honest to drive your bike and get some food for 350€ is a bit high.

So I stick to Normandy and thank the people go run this thing that they don't walk next to there boots.

That's only my humble opinion.

Guy

Agreed, absolutely a big difference Guy, I did mention that I think. If you were taking your QL to Project70, your fuel bill for the QL would be covered by the event fee - not you(in addition to your fee). My understanding from the information received so far, if I am correct, is that any, and all, fuel costs incurred on continental Europe are covered by the event. So that includes the cost of getting your QL to the start and back home. My ferry costs and fuel from the port are covered by the fee, as is every other UK based owner.
This will be a top event with a difference, a weeks 'entertainment', fuel costs, food, campsites, all permissions, guns fired, attacks launched, civic welcomes along the route etc etc etc. And all on the original route and following the time scale of the original operation in the company of what will probably be the biggest convoy of WW2 British green stuff seen together for a long time. OK I can see all the arguments against, and each to his own. I am certainly not going to criticise anyone for exercising their personal choice. I just think it will be a good 'un. And I'm up for it. Sure the event costs money, any event costs money. How much would a full week at W&P cost for example? To compare - camping at Rein Mathilde costs 10 Euro a night, plus food, plus fuel to get there, plus the odd beer or three, plus ferry from the UK. I've booked/budgeted all these already and I can tell you my total is a lot more than the £290 for Project70! (OK I know there may the odd beer or two etc here as well) But I'm certainly not going to use this as a stick to beat Ian's event. (Try and keep me away. :-) ) So for me the price is not a reason to rule Project70 out.

Lincoln Bill
Don't look up triple X Cops on Google, you'll find all sorts of unsavoury things!!

You did warn me but I just had to google xxx cops.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

The Dutch military vehicle club KTR also has an event for Market Garden.
This costs € 70,=. It will also keep you busy for a week..

For those bikers who want to come to Holland in september 2014...
check out: http://jpnweb.nl/omg2014/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=62

and http://jpnweb.nl/omg2014/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=62 (English)

email (option): mar10vw@hotmail.com

Personally, as a motorcyclist, I always start to feel a bit uncomfortable when I think I am paying towards the ferry and/or fuel bill for someone elses vehicle (hobby) purely because I decided to go to a particular event...
After all, it is me that is roughing it with the minimum of equipment and weather protection and along with the pleasure of riding I expect to get the financial benefit from that choice.....

The truck or armoured vehicle driver made his choice as well and should be prepared to pay for it..I don't see any particularly good reason why I should make a contribution...

If an entry fee is to be levied it should be proportional to the consumption of the events resources....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1