Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA M20 electronic ignition/start

Does anyone know if they sell a electronic ignition for the M20 I know it has to be a 6v and I have seen some online but do not know if they work on my bike. Does anyone know who sells them online?

Re: BSA M20 electronic ignition/start

Why do you want to do this, if you do you will have to rely on the dynamo and the regulator, battery and all the wiring to be working all the time. Too many things to let you down. Nothing wrong with a good recon magneto. A new recon magneto with a good rewind and a easycap conversion will be better than the original lucas magneto.

Tim Walker

I wouldn't consider an electronic ignition unless it was a self contained 'self generating' type. The dynamo/regulator/battery system just isn't reliable enough to guarantee a power supply.....

Personally I'm still running reconditioned standard Lucas mags on my bikes and find them very reliable... ...

Saying that though, one benefit of using an electronic unit would be the working adv/rtd function...Ian

BT-H do a Magdyno look a like mag which takes an Alton alternator. The down side is the price, check their web sites for the details, all very nice but I don't Santa's got one for me.
Richard

Cool I checked them out 1200 dollars. These are self generating right I believe it said no battery required

I had a form of electronic ignition fitted to my M20. It hadnt been set up right and i was tod they were not very good so I spent several hundred on a standard points magneto.

If you look here some people suggested places I should contact to enquire about my set up who also sold versions of their own.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?34761-1940-bsa-m20/page2

Kirby Robottom and Sean Hawker are mentioned

email (option): martynhillyard@msn.com

Sean is now out of business having moved on to other things...I think he may still be selling off mag/dynamo related stock on e bay...Ian

Got electronic ignition on my T110. It's great when the battery is fully charged, but pants with a dodgy alternator........maybe Santa will get me one!

Nieuwe pagina 1