Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tank Numbers

Hello all, I'm one week into my M-20 ownership.I'd like to know what tank # would be correct for frame# WM20 97102 / engine# WM 20 94932. The bike was painted a blue/grey with RAF 83049 stenciled on the tank. Is that number significant, or might it be the previous to the previous owner's losing lottery ticket number that day? Thanks guys, Bob O

email (option): bobdukw@aol.com

Re: Tank Numbers

Hello Bob

Can't see your M20 in the keycards.

It left the factory as part of Army contract S2603 with the tank serial C 5207802.

As far as we know there are no surviving RAF records which cover this period but its possible that some vehicles were passed from one service to another, however your engine number is from another Army contract so it seems more likely that it was rebuilt in an Army workshop late in or just after the war.

Are there any brass rebuild plates on the bike, or extra stamps on the crankcase, base of the barrel or gearbox which may give another clue?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(at)yahoo.co.uk

Thanks Rob, I'll be home after the holidays and will give the engine a closer look. I can say there are no added data plates on the bike or engine case. Happy Holidays, Bob O

Thanks Rob, I'll be home after the holidays and will give the engine a closer look. I can say there are no added data plates on the bike or engine case. Happy Holidays, Bob O

Nieuwe pagina 1