Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Speedo repair

The speedo on my recently acquired M20 has cracked glass. Who can I send it to? Thanks, Bob

email (option): bobdukw@aol.com

Re: Speedo repair

Hi Bob,
The speedo glass is pretty easy to replace. If the speedo has never been opened up before there will be a rivot in the outer rim of the bezel at 12 0'clock acting as a seal. carefully drill this rivot out then unscrew the bezel(it's a right hand thread). If it's tight do a forum search there are some good tips on removing stubborn bezels. Head to your local glazier and ask them to cut you a new glass out of 3mm, you might also need an o-ring to sit in the bezel.
Hope this helps.

email (option): spacemonkeym@gmail.com

If you're in the UK. I've used this bloke a few times. I see him and his son Phil regularly at Jumbles.

http://www.chronometricspeedos.co.uk/

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Kempton jumble on tomorrow, David Woods speedo repair man will be there he sells glass for the speedo's. I'm going it's the off road show as well.

Yep I'm going with Lex,Tim,Tony and Chris. Meeting up with some of the NOBS for mince pies and mulled wine Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Bob, if you're not able to do it yourself, Nisongers in New York is the best place close to you. Smiths speedo experts, with a good reputation. Probably won't be riding much in the next few months in Maine anyway.

myself and kent shaun will also be at Kempton and from 12.30 in the pub opposite."The Brittania" I think.
P.S Speedo repairs Peter Bond from Penge SE20

Hello Ian, thanks for the reply to my speedo post. I live over here in your former colonies, (Maine,USA) and I was wondering if Mr. Woods could mail me two of the glass. Could you speak to him and let him know I can use paypal or whatever he prefers. Thanks, Bob OBrien bobdukw@aol.com

Thanks to everyone for the excellent responses! Bob O

Hi Bob have got you 2 speedo glasses, they are £3 each postage at a quess would be about £4.50 if you want them contact me.

email (option): iandot clare1at virgin dotnet

Ian, Thanks, yes I want them. Can I paypal you? My shipping address is ; 7 Third Ave. York, Maine 03909 USA . Best regards, Bob bobdukw@aol.com

Hi Bob. Not at home at present so will post to you on Tuesday, PayPal would be fine. I'm guessing postage costs based on something I sent to my daughter in Denver.

email (option): iandot clare1at virgin dotnet

Bob OBrien
Ian, Thanks, yes I want them. Can I paypal you? My shipping address is ; 7 Third Ave. York, Maine 03909 USA . Best regards, Bob bobdukw@aol.com

Bob. Tried e-mailing you but it came back, I would like to contact you so can you please make contact at above address, thanks
Kind regards TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Nieuwe pagina 1