Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paypal expert required...

I have to take a payment from a country where Paypal does not have a 'Gift' or 'Personal' payment facility...The amount is £292...Can someone who is familiar with paypal charges tell me what the cost of this would be?...I know as well as a transaction fee there would be a currency conversion fee..

It may be better to do it via a bank transfer...Opinions anyone?....Ian

Re: Paypal expert required...

Blimey Ian, How many times did you mean to post that ????

The Paypal UK site says 3.4% + 20p + a Cross-border fee depending where it is.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

If the buyer enters the currency as sterling, the lumpy exchange rate shouldn't be for you to worry about.

I don't recall the exact details now as it was some years ago, but I got stung for a lot more than I expected doing such a PayPal transaction. I too read it as being the fees referred to above, but when it had all gone through there was some other big hitter hidden in amongst it all that I did not realise was there. I know the quoted fees seem straight forward and open, but I found otherwise. After that I always insisted on bank transfer of the £sterling amount to my account, but that can incur a fee from your own bank depending upon who you use. If the sender will trust you then the other alternative for receiving funds is Western Union. It may be beloved by scammers but it is fee free for a 'receiver'.

Bank transfer is the only way I would do it, once a paypal GIFT payment is made its almost impossible for the buyer to use the paypal system to grab that money back but if it's NOT made as a gift & is for goods the buyer has alot of ways to turn you over.
If you get them to make a bank transfer they get about 24hrs to reverse it after that you are fine.

up the postage to cover the excess most of the stuff you buy from America have heavy postage ie the item cost $18 postage $75

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

If the payer doesn't have the option to send as a gift then they will be prompted to nominate who covers the fee's (sender or receiver), so you needn't be lumbered with the fee's if they know they have to cover them before you release the goods.
At least thats the way it works on my acct.

There is also another way, by a system known as Skrill, seems to be little known but its very secure, more than paypal.
I use it a lot to buy collectables from a site basd in Belgium.

only snag is both parties would need to enrol for it.
Might be worth a look?

https://www.skrill.com/en/

Nieuwe pagina 1