Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Repro parts

For many years I've been involved in the MV hobby. Jeeps- M38A1, M38, MB's GPW's,DUKW's, and others. I've also been a BMW motorcycle rider with R100s, R100rt, and currently ride a R90s. Yesterday I bought a BSA M20 that had sat in storage for fifteen years... Soooo, could I get some feedback on the quality of parts manufactured offshore? Thanks, Bob in Maine

email (option): bobdukw@aol.com

Re: Repro parts

Hi Bob, congratulations on your choice of a BSA M20, and welcome to the forum. I think you will find the overwhelming consensus on the forum is that offshore (read India) reproduction parts are to be avoided entirely. I've not had to learn that lesson personally, thanks to this forum. Parts may be a little more expensive, and you will have to be patient in looking for some parts, but nearly everything for your M20 is available either as old stock, new manufacture in the UK, or second hand via this forum or ebay. Best of luck and welcome.

Mark from California.

email (option): wingco40@hotmail.com

hi bob, and welcome to the lunatic fringe..

post a wish list, and folks will point you in an appropriate direction !

email (option): chris.astinbarker at btinternet.com

Hi Bob,

I'm located in Auburn ,Maine. Nice to hear of another "Mainiac" with an M20! Did you find the bike here in Maine?

Regards,
James

email (option): jamescusteau@yahoo.com

I'm in Sanford. Ought to get a Maine ride together!
Where's Sam?

email (option): yankee1865@msn.com

Sam is in Ellsworth near Bar Harbor.

Isn't that Bah Habah!?

email (option): Wingco40@hotmail.com

Yesah! Ayuh! Wicked Good! Can't get theyah from heeyah! Bah Habah, home of the world's best lobstah! Getting slightly off topic aren't we?

Yesah, we ah, but then theys nothin wrong wih that now is theh?

email (option): Wingco40@hotmail.com

Mahk,

You're cracking me up over heah! So, where's Bob in this whole conversation? Come out Bob wherever you are so we can get this back on topic.

James

Oh yeah! Thanks for all the responses... I'd like to get with you guys for some sage advice. Tools, glass for the speedo,and can I buy a 6v battery locally? I'll need some recommendations on it. For now, I plan on keeping it in The RAF blue color. Need the small aircleaner too. Frame #WM2097102 the engine# WM2094932 . Thanks in advance for your help. Bob

email (option): bobdukw@aol.com

Nieuwe pagina 1