Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
panel tank

Can someone supply a top view of the switch and guage layout of a prewar M20 tank panel please?

Re: panel tank

This post has a picture of Curt's bike.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1211324&cmd=show

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks. It was the bottom hole i didn't know what was fitted there?Was it originally an oil indicator or something?

A friend of mine bought one of these tanks to fit to his M20. Of course the rear mount holes are out so will need fettling.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/250986186921?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 Still don't know how to highlight ebay listings when i copy and paste?

photo 004_zpsb3cbcd86.jpg

Douglas,

Yes that is an oil pressure indicator at the bottom of the panel. There is a guy in Holland making pattern ones. There is a short oil pipe going through the hole in the tank. Beneathe the tank there is a banjo fitting to be able to detach the oil pipe from the pump to the banjo in order to be able to take out the panel.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Looks great here a picture of my BSA M22 dash board pannel photo 100_1244_zps2e5f0f49.jpg greatings Theo

email (option): oldbikes@kpnmail.nl

Thanks boys.A picture of this indicator would be a help and how it connects to the engine.

photo DSC05043_zps29d5608c.jpg

photo DSC05042_zpscb6b300b.jpg

It connects to the engine in the hole just below the timingcase. This hole is mostly plugged but this plug can be replaced by a hollow plug which takes a banjo and bolt. The same connection as when the indicator is placed on top of the timingcase.

Regards, Michiel / NL

Thanks Michiele. I presume that button pops up? Do you have the name and email address of the chap making them?

Hallo Douglas the India made tank how is the quality? Are you goin to paint it your self ? Gr Theo

email (option): oldbikes@kpnmail.nl

The chrome isn't brilliant but after painting it should look acceptable. The rear tank mount holes dont line up, so we will cut and shut the two metal strips forward by 1/4 inch. They musn't have a frame to check the fit!

Nieuwe pagina 1