WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WHAT'S THE BIKE?

Okay, what's the bike?

Scorp.

Re: WHAT'S THE BIKE?

Scorp, has been discussed before, and is a James, further details I forgot right now, but picture was taken in Normandy.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike at same.net

bloke on the roof with the hand cannon is not taking any chances with those POWs is he?

email (option): deadsheds [ at ] yahoo.com

Lex Schmidt
Scorp, has been discussed before, and is a James, further details I forgot right now, but picture was taken in Normandy.
Cheers,
Lex

Aplogies for ploughing old ground, but it was new to me and, hopefully a few others.
Maybe this will prove more of a challenge!

Scorp.

email (option): wm20atscorpionvideo.net

Hi Scorp ,my guess is a Harley WLA but it will never fly
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

When the 39/45 Military Vehicle Group was in existence one of the members knew the chap standing on the right and he came to one of the meetings and gave us a talk on his wartime experiences.I can't remember the details as it was some years ago.
Regards Jon

Rick,

That must be one upgraded WLA then with a hydraulic disc brake at the front. Maybe they are trying to prevent the sidecar flying off.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Leon KM20.1478
Rick,

That must be one upgraded WLA then with a hydraulic disc brake at the front. Maybe they are trying to prevent the sidecar flying off.
Regards,
Leon

Well spotted! The bike is actually Yamaha based and the outfit was assembled by Hungarian biker Henrik Toth.

Scorp

email (option): wm20atscorpionvideo.net

Don't want to reply to the trashcans on wheels, but the caption of the upper picture is:

Commandos of 1st SS Bde (Special Service Brigade, later changed it's name to 1st Commando Brigade for obvious reasons!) who had arrived to support the glider troops from the beach, show off 3 prisoners who are being evacuated by jeep.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike at same.net

Nieuwe pagina 1