Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Poss ebay scam on norton 16h

A week ago I saw a private ad on ebay for a 1944 Norton 16h for £2800 it didn't say where in the uk it was and you could only email through ebay.
I emailed him three times and left my mobile no. still no reply..then the bike was taken off listing, after a week I received a text saying I could have the bike if I sent the money to him in Berlin, but the bike was in Elgin 600mls from me! he said once he had the money he would get the bike sent down to me at no cost!....the bells started ringing so I emailed him back and said I would pay cash on receipt of bike and correct paperwork...I didn't get a reply!......just for the record he gave his name as Thomas Muller email thm0234@gmail.com...do you think this is a scam...

Re: Poss ebay scam on norton 16h

Definitely a scam. If you google "Thomas Muller" you get a soccer player, there was a similar scam here a couple months ago, again the fictitious name was that of a UK soccer player. Scammer must be a soccer fan....

I stand corrected, the last scammer was a "Stuart Robson" who was a speedway racer...

I also e-mailed him, I knew it was a scam as the bike was far too cheap and still on ebay. The other bikes he had listed were also too cheap and not sold. He had zero feedback as well. I didn't get a reply from him as I asked where the bike was for me to view.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

He's also been trying to sell Velocette's and Norton Commando's from the same address for the last few months. He even offers free delivery to your door. Nice if it was true!

Tim Walker

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

There is a big 'classic bike' scam going on UK E-Bay at the moment, which looks as though the identities of legitimate sellers are being highjacked. There is usually a good description and a single small photo, both of which have been lifted from somewhere else. The bikes are usually offered at a really low starting price, but there's always also a very low 'willing to let it go for' price. The ad always ends up with something like:

I AM LISTING THIS FOR A FRIEND SO CONTACT HIM DIRECTLY AT: millyy11@aol.co.uk
WILLING TO LET IT GO FOR 3,000 POUNDS
HE WON'T BE ABLE TO RESPOND IF YOU CONTACT ME SO GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM AT: millyy11@aol.co.uk

I've reported loads of these to E-Bay, and they ususally get removed, but I guess it must be hard for them to keep up with the scammers.

This is the latest one I've found -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-BONNEVILLE-T120R-/291026797704?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item43c28c8488

Scorp.

If you are right Scorp, a quick search in item descriptions for millyy11@aol.co.uk also turns up a Norton Commando and a Lambretta SX200. Both being sold by a seller called Ideal-tickets, who judging by his feedback would seem to be OK?

I'll take your word for it that that's a scam but I can't see anything wrong with what he's saying. The proof is when you try to view the bike. He has 100% feedback and a high feedback score, he also doesn't sell bikes or bike parts which would make sense that the bike is a one off sale.
I've listed a lot of bikes for other people and I've worded the listing quite similarly. I get bombarded with questions about the bike so I say contact the owner. That listing has been ended by the seller and not ebay, which would suggest it's been sold legitimately.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1