Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
m20

I have volunteered to perform a ground up restoration of a BSA m20 for the commemorative air force here in Minnesota, USA and have a few questions now plus will need help along the way.. is there a powder coat available for the m20 i found a olive drab from eastwood in the USA where i am located but not sure how close it is…and i need a good place to source some parts, levers, grips, etc... thanks,joe

email (option): jfca424@yahoo.com

Re: m20

Hello Joe
If you do a search on this forum using keywords "paint" or "colour" you will find enough pages to read to keep you busy for a long long time.

i found all kind of good info here after i posted…..is there a good parts source for parts? USA and UK? i needed the puller threads a few weeks ago since the CAF did not have a pitch gauge and someone on the britbike.com forum sent me a thread page which came from here. ….great web site for the BSA m20's! thanks to all….joe

email (option): jfca424@yahoo.com

Hi Joe...Welcome to the forum...Just post any queries you have here and you'll get the answers...There is no 'one stop shop' for M20 parts, even here in the UK.
If you detail what you are looking for as you need it people will detail the right suppliers...
If you go to the website page and then go to the technical section etc. you will find lots of useful information there....

What have you got to work with as a basis for the restoration..is it a complete bike?.....Ian

Joe,

For powder coat color I settled on RAL 6014, referred to as NATO green or yellow olive. It looks much like the photo of the parts on this Forum page. I tried the Eastwood olive drab but found it too blue and way too shiny. I usually do my own powder coating but decided to have my WM20 done by a local shop. I specified matte finish but the RAL 6014 they used came out semi-gloss. I gently bead blasted the parts and got the finish I wanted.

There's no really good parts source Stateside since Domiracer in Cincinatti closed. Engine and gearbox parts show up on eBay from time to time. Draganfly in the UK is a good source and my recent small parts order arrived in 10 days. You can order online.

Beware the sheetmetal parts from India. Some are said to be OK but most of us have been disappointed.

Jeff Bandola in Rhode Island

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

hi joe
I have been scraping for parts for the last three years and working on a barn so as to have a place to do my restoration,I think i'm ready....send me a list of what you need.I have many extra parts...six trans case's,tins and lots of internal parts...you have British tools in grand rapids MI,British only in garden city MI,I am in Belleville MI.Ian,ron and the rest of the group on this web site are the best tools you will ever need.good luck and happy wrenching......PS some pics would be nice.

email (option): frankschenk09@gmail.com

frank schenk
hi joe
I have been scraping for parts for the last three years and working on a barn so as to have a place to do my restoration,I think i'm ready....send me a list of what you need.I have many extra parts...six trans case's,tins and lots of internal parts...you have British tools in grand rapids MI,British only in garden city MI,I am in Belleville MI.Ian,ron and the rest of the group on this web site are the best tools you will ever need.good luck and happy wrenching......PS some pics would be nice.

Belleville? I'm in Canton, Mi-I have two M20s I restored many years ago. There are actually a lot of these bikes around this area.

email (option): m20wc51@yahoo.com

HI DOUG
you just messed up my status.....i thought i was the only one in this part of the woods to own an M20....thanks alot!Well were so close we have to get together,i would like to see your bikes.....

frank schenk
HI DOUG
you just messed up my status.....i thought i was the only one in this part of the woods to own an M20....thanks alot!Well were so close we have to get together,i would like to see your bikes.....

Ha ha! I've owned mine since the late '80s, and from then until now, I've seen at least 30 of them in the Detroit area, at various shows,swap meets,and things like that. I'll email you.

email (option): m20wc51@yahoo.com

There seems to be a fairly high concentration of M20's in the Midwest USA, mine came to Canada in the back of my truck from Cape Girardeau, Missouri!
Robb Nortier from Michigan is a regular on here and has tools made specific to the M20 - clutch spring compressor, engine and clutch nut tools, steering head bearing remover tools.
As far as generally good advice, this forum is the best in the world for the M20!

Amen to that MR V.....

I will look forward to it,have a great holiday.

Nieuwe pagina 1