Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
which tyre pattern

HI
i'm looking at getting a Mitas tyre for the front of my WDCO. Which pattern tyre should I be going for ? They go from H-01 to H-06. The 3.25 is available in h-01, the 3,5 is only available in h-02. I have a 3,25 Dunlop K70 on the rear brand new, done 50 miles only. so could I fit a 3,5 on the front only. or should I get a pair if I go for 3,5 h-02?
Chris

email (option): chris@mgowner.co.uk

Re: which tyre pattern

The H01 is quite a different type of tyre from the 'universal' patterns. I certainly wouldn't put a wider tyre on the front and the front should ideally be grippier than the rear. If it were me and I wasn't being pedantic about sizeing, I'd move the 3.25 Dunlop to the front and put the 3.50 H02 on the rear.

...Usual disclaimers...never tried it, and all that...

Thanks rik, that sounds a good scheme.... hadn't thought of swapping, and the back has got to come off anyway after a major flat today which detached valve from the tube. Had to get home to go out with trailer but couldn't get bike on it with flat back tyre as it bottomed out. Luckily a couple of stout chaps lifted back end while I pushed.

The joys of an old bike. Our as SWIMBO said , "get rid of all those old vehicles, they're nothing but trouble and money". I refrained from pointing out that they cost me less than she does. Lol

Chris, both Kent Shaun and myself are running 3.50 HO2s on the front of our M20s and the handling is great, and the pattern is similar to the old Dunlop universals and cheap!

Baza, you're not running a 3.50 with a 3.25 on the rear though, are you ? My experience is that this will make a bike roll around the headstock and drop in to turns.

I think I will go for an HO-2 3.5 on the back and move the Dunlop 3.25 to the front, and see how it goes.

thanks for the advice chaps

Rik lad, my own m20 does have a 3.25 on the year and its thirty years old but still got life in it and it out handles a lot of other bikes
the difference is only 1/4" and I don't notice any different handling, before I fitted 3.50 on front it was a 3.25

Nieuwe pagina 1