Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 Underpowered. Living in Nottingham Area

Hi Guys,

I'm new to ex-wd motorcycles and have a 1944 wm20 which seems a little slow in performance.
I appreciate these are not speed machines but was wondering if one of you lives around Nottingham and would be willing to take a look at it and tweak things if need be.
I'm happy to travel over to you and pay for your time.

look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Paul

email (option): eastwood007@ntlworld.com

Re: WM20 Underpowered. Living in Nottingham Area

Hi Paul, having owned M20s for many years i havnt found many that are underpowered unless they are worn out or overgeared.
check engine sprocket should be 18, check exaust valve,replace or grind,check timing 7/16" btdc.
If all thats ok you should be able to reach 55 mph and cruise all day at 45.
I live in kent so wont be able to pop over to check it

The best way to get some speed out of an old BSA is to trade it in for an old Matchless!

Only joking, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who can help you out. If you are the Notts area, perhaps I'll see you at Thoresby Hall classic show in the Summer?

Lincoln Bill

The best way to get some speed out of an old BSA is to trade it in for an old Matchless!

Only joking, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who can help you out. If you are the Notts area, perhaps I'll see you at Thoresby Hall classic show in the Summer?
If his clutch hold out for that distance

Are you going to hold that against me forever Stephen!! That's the only time the Matchless has ever let me down. Famous last words?

Nieuwe pagina 1