Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
stealth WDG3L

hi chaps just thought id add a picture of my latest restoration.
took it for a ride on the little road the bikes on and it seems to go really well with plenty of pull. note the rear carriers are not WD but i like em.
thanks barry

photo 42G3L003.jpg

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

Re: stealth WDG3L

Fabulous Barry, it looks like a good one to me!

'Ex Factory'...Very nice Barry. I'm not really a 'Matchless man' but that's exactly the look I like...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Barry, may I have the frame and engine numbers please for my database of surviving G3WO &G3L WD machines. Cheers John

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

thanks chaps ill always appreciate your input and thanks. as you all know a lot of hard work goes into thees bikes that everyone builds, i love it as a hobby, being an ex banger racer driver and restoring classic cars in the past which i cant no longer do, due to now not having the parking space, i found henks forum 3 years ago thats when i got into thees ex army bikes. i love em and i want to keep putting them on the road again.. apart from a 1960 triumph cub im just about to restore, i need anther WD project as i got plenty of olive spray paint left.
again many thanks

ps john i think i sent you the number

I hope all you Matchy owners are throwing those compression plates away. You'll get a boost in power!

What do they look like?

Henri it's just a plate the same shape as the barrel base gasket. They were fitted to lower compression for the good old pool petrol, and hopefully use less of it. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Tks Ron!

Here is my next attempt. Missing one piston & wristpin, fenders tires air filter, all there. Maybe next year depending on how harsh the winter is photo IMG_0063_zpsd9b82d46.jpg photo IMG_0065_zps793c3d8c.jpg photo IMG_0066_zps5e31f174.jpg

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

A Harley XA. Been there, done that, refuse to wear the T shirt
My mate who took over mine has acquired at least another six from the US, and has become quite proficient at parts sourcing now Ron

photo 42hdxa06_zps288561e9.jpg

What is it? BMW??

It's an American copy of captured BMW's. An order was put out to Indian and Harley for a cooler running shaft drive bike for dessert use. Indian made the model 841 with the Guzzi looking engine.
I don't think either saw any fighting service. Ron

photo indian-841b_zps7856b1b2.jpg

What a coincidence, I was looking at some of these odd Harleys at the Donnington Collection just the other day. The museum used to be just racing cars, but now there is a fantastic collection of Kevin Wheatcrofts military stuff there, including a very healthy smattering of motorcycles.

decades back when I was sorting out m/c stuff from Clares Motor spares in Norwood I came across a crate of new cylinder heads for those transverse H-D twins, left them there as oddities not worth bothering about.

How on earth did a crate of new heads for those things end up in South London?

There is an old fable that always rings true...'Anyone that copies a BMW will make a crap bike'...Never failed yet... ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

thats a nice bike lift, hope fully one day ill have room to put one but for now ill stick to building the bikes on the floor of my 8ftx6ft shed, ive got a light though..

Bill, yes Kevin Wheatcroft bought my Harley XA and my mate is restoring at least two more for him. Ron

The museum is full of unbelievable racing and military stuff, well worth a visit. I think the military vehicles on show are only a fraction of what he's actually got in his collection though? He must also have the worlds finest collection of Jerry Cans, there were hundreds of them on show!

He must have millions of pounds worth of vehicles.....Including the German E Boat that is lying in Cornwall and currently awaiting a £2,000,000 fund raising exercise to restore it. But I have not been overly impressed with his motorcycle shed. If I lived near by I'd maybe offer to help to sort it out. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1