Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Well I LOVE it..!

photo 20131117_094420_zpsbf5a40a9.jpg

Finally finished... Well Almost, just got the field stand to sort, and the fire extinguisher, sorted the slipping clutch out, and it pulls like a traction engine now, so I'm well pleased..

Just got to get it looking used, and the ONLY way to do that, is to ride the wheels off the bugger..

Re: Well I LOVE it..!

Do we see the Canada 1965 Independance flag on the tank or is it a unit marking?

And I love it as well, Shaun. Excellent job - you don't hang around! All you need now is a set of "M" badges ...........oh yes, and get rid of that orrible m'cycle and get a G3L. Still, if you must, it's very nice. Welcome to the Green Side.

Jon, you highlight the Canadian flag, but say nothing of the Dads Army fridge magnet on the oil tank..? The bike will be mounting up the MILES not the Cups and Trophies, as long as it looks the part, and people realise it's my tribute to the lads and lasses from Canada that lost their lives. Then my job is done, I care not one jot if it's got the *Wrong* nut on the widget valve, or the scuff pick up tube should be copper, it starts, it stops, and it pulls like a traction engine..

Ferg, see ya at the War & Peace, save me a place on ya stand..

Couldn't agree more Shaun, ride it, enjoy it, let the old blokes stop you at the lights and tell you about the war, it looks terrific, even though it's not a Matchless!

Kent Shaun
I care not one jot if it's got the *Wrong* nut on the widget valve, or the scuff pick up tube should be copper, it starts, it stops, and it pulls like a traction engine..

Bugger, my scuff pick-up tube isn't copper either!
Well done
Scorp.

Shaun boy, I think you need to strengthen up the seat springs and mounts, look close at the angle.....in 1942 most of the DRs only weighed in at around 10 stone, you must be double that!

I wouldn't be seen on a bike without a copper scuff pick-up tube, it just wouldn't be right

Well done Shaun, ride it and enjoy it

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Bike looks great Shaun, I was out on mine Saturday when stopped by an ole boy, I had to sit and listen to him wax lyical about his exploits in post war Germany on an M20 while serving with the RMP, it was great, and what the hobby is all about, and not for much longer will it be staight from the horses mouth stuff

Oi Baza me ladio, me and thee will fall out soon if you keep on.. And remember lad, this is a Canadian bike, so I'll simply sit on the tank, just like Johnny Cannock did...

Colin, and THAT'S what I'm on about, who 'Really' cares what rivet goes where, it's the *Memory* these bikes stir up, that's what is more important. Many a time I've been sat on my A10 and someone comes up to tell me how they had a BSA, and 99% of the time they get it all wrong, a Bantam over head valve 750cc, they say. But I lets them carry on, if they feel all nostalgic then why not..?

You could cause mayhem on here talking like that... ...Some people really do care about specs. and eventually just about anything would pass as a military bike if these details weren't recorded...

There is a reasonable argument from the point of view of historical accuracy not to accept too much 'specification creep'..Or at least, not to lose track of where you started, and for that you need rivet counters......Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

be proud...and ride it like you stole it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

email (option): chris.astinbarker at btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1