Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need help Id'ing brake plate

I picked up this brake plate at a swap meet yesterday thinking that it was for an early model M20 but realized when i arrived home that it's doesn't have the key hole slot at the top of the anchor plate. I spent some time searching Leon's site and I think it might be from the 1935 W,M or J models but it's hard to tell from the drawings. Can anyone confirm this?

photo 001-9.jpg

photo 002-8.jpg

email (option): spacemonkeym@gmail.com

Re: Need help Id'ing brake plate

Hi Matty,

This brakeplate is shown in the partslist from 1932 to 1938 and was used on lots of different machines with the 7 inch brakehub.

The keyhole came in 1939 which was also the last year of the hole for the speedodrive.

Regards, Michiel/NL

email (option): m.wijbenga [ at ] hotmail.com

Marty,
I agree, I have one with the keyhole at the top if you need this type I would be willing to swap.
How was Bendigo?
Cheers Darren

Hi Michiel.
From searching Leon' site all the images up to '34 show no anchor plate '35 shows an anchor but doesn't show a fixing then from '36 up shows the anchor with the slotted hole. Most of the images are drawings and may not be correct.

G'day Darren.
Bendigo swap was great, found a bunch of gearbox parts to finish a spare box.

It's deffo as Michiel says, here's it's first appearance in the 32 parts book. The part numbers remain unchanged though to & including 1938 if it's any help.

Thanks folks.

email (option): spacemonkeym@gmail.com

Matty.

Look in the for sale posts, I have an M20 rear brake plate for sale.

Kind regards TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Nieuwe pagina 1