Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Identification assistance

Hi, really heavy hand brush paint on these two pieces, but I was trying to figure out if the back piece was originally part of a complete fender. The flat raised portion in the middle is not like the usual rib found in BSAs. The rear plate support reminds me of the Norton B4 sidecar ID location. The back piece was attached via a non original swivel to a fender with valances on both sides. It looked like the early BSA valanced fender with the exception of that raised flat section. Thanks for any comments provided photo IMG_0052_zpsd97e1a77.jpg photo IMG_0053_zps4908890a.jpg photo IMG_0054_zps093df735.jpg

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Re: Identification assistance

Henri. That mudguard tail piece is Triumph. Ron

photo 3SW022_zps20606ef6.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron! Did the fender come with valances? Do you think it may be used on the SpeedTwin? Lots of questions here so if none answered, that is okay.

Henri there are differences in width between these fenders for the lightweight and heavyweight Triumphs. No valances pre-war on Speedtwin's. Not until those horrible Bathtub models of the 60's Ron

photo Scan-131113-0002_zps2d9698bb.jpg

Check this out Ron,

Thanks to your responses I was able to joggle my brain and remember that in the parts catalogue of 1939, there was a section with extra fittings. See the valanced mudguards available for that year. I am going to need to do some serious metal repairs on that mudguard. I don't think that there was a separate tail piece as it is not listed in the catalogue. Thanks again and thanks Henk for this great forum photo IMG_0059_zps1631d22c.jpg photo IMG_0058_zpsc55fc67b.jpg photo IMG_0057_zps069f8df3.jpg photo IMG_0056_zpscccde17a.jpg photo IMG_0055_zps9057fb70.jpg

If you click on the photo, you will see 5T included in the valanced mudguards.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

You are quite right Henri. I have the 1938 list which I haven't looked at for ages and can now remember those extra parts. But I can't think that I've ever seen them fitted. They do have a drop of tail piece though. It's actually mentioned in that last picture I posted. Ron

Cleaning up tail piece now and it is widened to match the valanced extensions. Life is good

Nieuwe pagina 1