Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
G3L Strange Noise from Push Rod

Hello, one more issue with my G3L :(.
When the pushrod (Inlet Cam) goes down, it is accompanied by a "Tok" sound.
However when I remove the timing side inner cover and hold the timing wheels and kick (Slowly, there is no sound.
Is the bush on the crankcase covers (which accommodate the timing wheels)worn off? Expert advice badly needed.
Tried the whole day to fix this but as usual
J.M

Re: G3L Strange Noise from Push Rod

Make sure your tappets are set with no gap but spin freely .I bet you it will not do it when warmed up because mine does this on start up then it is fine with no noise. I mean the pushrods should spin not tappets

It took me ages to find a clanking noise in my G3 engine. It turned out to be one of the rocker arms with far too much end float. What a difference once I had rectified the problem Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Steve, Thanks Ron. I am very bad when it comes to technical terms. Ron please please please explain what end float means.
Long way to go before I ll understand the expert definitions.
J.M

End float is the sideways movement of a shaft. Too much and the shaft will clack as the distance is taken up at speed.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks again Ron. So I will remove the head and check the inlet rocker arm corresponding shaft and fix it.....right?
J.M

When i replaced the valves on my g3l one of them i cannot remember which one was hitting the top of the rocker box look and see if it has a mark where the valve is.The new valve must have been a copy and was slightly longer.

Thanks Steve and Ron. It worked. I am very grateful to you.
J.M

Nieuwe pagina 1